Turn on thread page Beta

How many calories have YOU had today?! watch

ReputationRep:
    I have had around 2400 calories, which is about right for me.

When I am at work on board ship, I eat upwards of 7500 calories because it is so physical and harsh working environment. It is awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    How tall are you and how much do you weigh? i couldnt keep that up! i thought i was being quite good....ha

I'm 5'10 and my BMI is pretty average.

Anyway, since then I've had:

1) Some shepards pie
    2) A can of coke

190 + 400? = 590 I guess for the day.

ReputationRep:
    don't know don't care

ReputationRep:
    I eat when I'm hungry. :yep:

Do so many people actually allocate themselves set daily calorie intakes?

Can't remember what I had for lunch today :hmmmm:, but yesterday I had:
    • A couple of slices of bacon, a croissant & a glass of apple juice;
    • A cheese sandwich, some chips, a yoghurt, an apple & a glass + a half of water;
    • A sausage roll, a bowl of pasta (~200-250g?) with cheese (~120g), a KitKat , a chunk of fruitcake , a packet of crisps, a glass of water & a glass of apple juice.

No idea what that comes to, but it doesn't make me lose or put on weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james.h)
    I eat when I'm hungry. :yep:

Do so many people actually allocate themselves set daily calorie intakes?

Can't remember what I had for lunch today :hmmmm:, but yesterday I had:
    • A couple of slices of bacon, a croissant & a glass of apple juice;
    • A cheese sandwich, some chips, a yoghurt, an apple & a glass + a half of water;
    • A sausage roll, a bowl of pasta (~200-250g?) with cheese (~120g), a KitKat , a chunk of fruitcake , a packet of crisps, a glass of water & a glass of apple juice.

No idea what that comes to, but it doesn't make me lose or put on weight.

God know, it was just an excercise we did at uni on a seminar about obesity etc. Its just interesting, when you're not counting calories or paying attention how sometimes it can build up!

ReputationRep:
    Quarter of a pizza and an apple.
    And I did a 7 mile run.

I should probably eat more.

ReputationRep:
    I've had about 1500 calories:
    Breakfast: Weetabix with semi-skimmed milk
    Lunch: Cheese Sandwich, Weight Watchers crisps, Apple
    Dinner: Chilli Con Carne with rice

I really should increase my fruit and veg intake

ReputationRep:
    4 eggs and 4 toasts for breakfast, fish and chips and beans with sponge cake and custard for lunch, Pizza and a half for Dinner.

Do the maths :/

(I never gain weight)

ReputationRep:
    Breakfast- 1 oatbix with soya milk
    Lunch- Tuna and salad + wholemeal bread roll
    Dinner- Mackerel fillet + brown rice. Pear, Mandarin orange, soya yoghurt

I don't know how many calories that is.. I'm not good at guessing these kind of things. Can't say I've ever counted calories.

I feel pretty satisfied. I usually eat a banana as a morning snack and have some spinach with my evening meal but I cba to do that today. So i've fallen just short of my five a day.

edit: just eaten 2 slices of plain wholemeal oatbran bread. I love carbs :rolleyes:
    I sometimes wonder If i eat too many..

ReputationRep:
    Around 700. Still recovering from ED, so it tends to stay quite low

ReputationRep:
    No idea but ate a sweet onion chicken terayaki at 3.45, 2 cherry jaffa cakes at 6.30 and a packet of mentos and chewits at 7.15.

No idea what that is but plan to get a chinese tonight since its Chinese New Year.

ReputationRep:
    841 so far, and i don't really plan on having anything else. However, i don't really eat the right foods. Had a bowl of cereal with semi skinned milk, a small mince and onion pie for dinner and a cheese sandwich for tea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    I :love: minstrels...i need the 42g bag otherwise i will get to at least 2/3rds through before stopping myself (with a few 'last ones')
    Omg they're amazzzzzing:p:

Like seriously, I'm the same; I have to save a few ''last ones'' for later

weird but :o: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Omg they're amazzzzzing:p:

Like seriously, I'm the same; I have to save a few ''last ones'' for later

weird but :o: :rolleyes:
    Lol well since my post i discovered a big bag....its no longer so big

ReputationRep:
    About 1100 so far.
    Breakfast: Frosties, semi-skimmed milk, coffee
    Lunch: Sausages, mash, red wine sauce, tea
    Dinner: An apple, tuna and salad cream sandwiches with two pieces of wholemeal bread and margerine.

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell does this thread have the "Potential Trigger" tag? Also, low calorie diets are stupid. Just excerise and eat healthy food.

ReputationRep:
    I've had about a million and couldn't give a monkey's banana.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure so many people are lying on here. Or the fatties aren't contributing.

ReputationRep:
    I've eaten 4 cookies, a bag of crisps, 1/2 litre of orange squash, 1/2 litre of apple and elderflower juice, 2 cans of apple tango, 6 cubes of french bread dipped in cheese fondue, one pancake and one scoop of haagen-dazs vanillia ice cream. oh god that looks bad written down...I need to eat more healthy food!
    however many calories there are in that minus 40 mins of walking, 30 mins of cycling and 10 mins of sprinting to the post-box and back because I was in crazy rush to catch last post and get home before my mother did so me and my sisters could jump out at her and say surprise and sing happy birthday and give presents

ReputationRep:
    at a guess well over 3000...probably do over 4000 by the end of the day....Haven't really got a clue...on a day I do weights I guess I do around the 5000 mark. Im kind of lucky I'm pretty much always hungry every 3 hours and I don't gain fat easily and I sort of enjoy doing weights. Plus I only really drink water...so all my calories are from food.

By the way from the few I read you eat terrible and not enough!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.