Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    ...are people really that fickle? Ok, I can see it in the HYPOTHETICAL sense, but really? Who sees a thread on an Internet forum, where you will get all kinds of people that eat all kinds of things at all different times, and think "OMGZ I can has eat too much and must not eat EVAR!", or something of the like?

I'm sorry if that comes off as insensitive, but I never really thought people would be THAT easily swayed.
    Well, in my mind the possible thought pattern would go: "Oh, she's managing on just 800 calories a day when I had a whole 1000, ****, I eat too much, I need to cut down further" cue downward spiral.
    It may sound stupid but I ended up bordering on having some serious eating issues just because of starting a food diary, it became a competition with myself and I was determined to eat less each day than I had the day before. I can see how some people might invent the same competitiveness in this thread.
    Just saying, I can see why the trigger label is there.

ReputationRep:
    About 3500, pretty standard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    But the sugar on the frosted shreddies is so fine if you dont drink the milk you dont get much > then you could be sugary milk in your tea?
    see what happens :p:

ReputationRep:
    About 1900

ReputationRep:
    Why is this thread a "Potential Trigger"?

ReputationRep:
    Wow...I never knew so many people actually count what does into their mouth...is that really necessary?
    I don't really know (or care) how many calories are in:
    3 Waffles, glass of milk, a yakult, a chewy vitamin

One and a half breaded chicken breasts, two slices of buttered white bread, packet of Kettle Chips lightly salted, tangerine, pot of strawberries, bunch of grapes, KitKat

Two Sausages, Curly fries, potato wedges, mushrooms, an aero chocolate mousse

and plenty of water throughout the day
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    about 1300 in food... maybe i should eat a bit more... i feel fine though :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    ...are people really that fickle? Ok, I can see it in the HYPOTHETICAL sense, but really? Who sees a thread on an Internet forum, where you will get all kinds of people that eat all kinds of things at all different times, and think "OMGZ I can has eat too much and must not eat EVAR!", or something of the like?

I'm sorry if that comes off as insensitive, but I never really thought people would be THAT easily swayed.
    I know what you mean mate but guess they have to take their precautions being a student forum. Someone could be reading this and weeping for all we know.

ReputationRep:
    If this type of thread really has the power to push someone to take up anorexia then shouldn't we question whether this type of thread should be around at all?

Then again all people are going to say is what they ate, no one is going to bully someone in here to stop eating or commit suicide so I think that Potential Trigger tag is actually quite inappropriate in this instance.
    Surely the PT sign should be used where the thread could be read by someone on the mental precipice of doing something extremely stupid and people NEED to be careful what they say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potential Trigger)
    I know what you mean mate but guess they have to take their precautions being a student forum. Someone could be reading this and weeping for all we know.
    Yeah, this is true. But then again, there have been all sorts of answers on here, ranging from 3k plus to barely anything. Just doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Then again, when people put themselves in a certain mental state of mind, it can be hard to break the circle, or so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
    Why is this thread a "Potential Trigger"?
    Beat ya to it.

ReputationRep:
    I have had 1200 calories but most of that was junk food

ReputationRep:
    I think threads which have the OP post pictures of their figure, and people make comments like 'yeah you're chubby, bit fat' when they're clearly needing a self esteem boost, are more of a trigger than this

ReputationRep:
    Far too many. Its been a good day

ReputationRep:
    cba to calculate

Half a Galaxy bar
    A freddo
    Half a bag of Cool Dorito's
    Battered Sausage and Chips
    'party sized' bag of Jelly Tots
    And a chocolate Croissant
    Bowl of Honey Nut Shredded Wheat
    2 Reduced fat digestive biscuits
    I like food D: However, I eat sensibly throughout the week then allow myself to eat what I want on a friday and saturday.

I do think I have some kind of deficiancy though because I constantly crave junk food. Chocolate is the most prominent craving so I'm giving it up for lent D:

ReputationRep:
    about 10 million.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, really. I usually pay attention to five-a-day (or at least, I try to have a lot of veg) and I've been attempting to be healthy ... EXCEPT recently when my nutrition has gone to pot.

I've had:

5 clementines
    A bowl of "Crunchy" (a bit like Jordan's) with low-fat vanilla yoghurt
    Three sausages (100kcal each - they're crappy Swedish sausages) with ketchup, plus two slices of white toast with butter
    A piece of bare bread and a few slices of salami (snacking).
    A small glass of white wine (and other very low-cal drinks like squash)

So ... Maybe 1600-ish? Perhaps a bit more? Balanced diet fail. On the other hand, I worked out my BMR and factored in "moderate" activity level, and it says 2250kcal maintains my weight. So not that bad otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Probably a good 3000 or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia_Lightbulb)
    Everyone is creepily healthy :lolwut:
    By the end of today I will probaly be crawling into the arms of Mother Obesity having had about 2,000.
    No, you're the healthy one. Alot of people in this thread are eating freakishly small amounts of food lol.

ReputationRep:
    Beat ya to it.
    Hahaha, oh yeah! :mfing:

OT: Whilst I'm here, should make a relevant post;

5 cups of tea
    2 Sinasburys fake pot noodles
    6 Sainsburys fake shortbread
    Plate of cheeasta and salad cream

And that's it. Thats probably 1,400 kcal. And I should really be having 2,500. Whoops

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.