Turn on thread page Beta

i gave up drinking alcohol and watch

ReputationRep:
    I have stopped drinking alcohol, its been 2 weeks. I used to get drunk on average 3 times a week.

Since then iv been battling a sore throat, then today i feel like i could check into hospital im that weak.

Are the 2 related? or could i just be getting sick?

When i used to drink i felt a hell of a lot more healthy!

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol isn't exactly known for its immune system enhancing properties.. chances are you're just coming down with something.

ReputationRep:
    I would have to agree. I really wouldnt think the two are related (not to say its not possible they are).

ReputationRep:
    I have flu! Just bad timing i suppose lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is a widely publicised cause-effect dynamic between quitting alcohol and getting sick.

You've just caught something bro.

ReputationRep:
    i thought this was gonna be like "i gave up drinking alcohol and now... life is boring as ****"

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.