Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Clothes companies assume that because I've got big boobs, I'm fat.

I am SICK of buying size 14 clothes, just because the size 10s (that fit my body perfectly) are too tight over my chest. I shouldn't have to wear baggy clothes just because companies refuse to cater to women with REAL CURVES who aren't just fat.

CURVY =/= FAT.

OH AND ANOTHER THING. How comes companies that make beautiful lingerie never go up to my size? Apparently girls bigger than a DD don't like wearing nice bras. Or, if they do, they must be rich. I shouldn't have to spend £30-£40 just to find a decent bra. I wear a 32F cup, and I wear size 10 knickers. What does that tell you??

I swear to God, clothes are designed by skinny *****es who are jealous of girls with real curves, and it goes the same for lingerie. We have to pay a lot of money for a limited selection of underwear. I bet it's a scam. They know that because girls with DD+ boobs NEED bras more than girls with size B boobs, they make us pay MORE. They know they can get the money out of us because we have no choice. I can't pop into Primark and buy a cheap bra. New Look and H&M don't go up to my size. It isn't fair.

(I can't believe people are actually taking me seriously when I say people are "jealous"... really? I was kidding, people.)

I google image searched "curvy woman" to prove my point.

Fat:

Curvy:

ReputationRep:
    Curvy is the best look! shame that the companies dont cater for these girls more to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably what you'd class as fat, but I also get annoyed with my boobs sometimes.

I can never wear shirts because the buttons just don't do up/are stretched so you can see my boobs Also t-shirts make me look fatter than I am, so I normally go for 'empire line' tops/dresses because they're the most flattering. This limits what I can wear quite a lot... Boo hiss.

Plus I hate having to pay lots for bras too! Primark do actually do a range of larger sizes but they're all pretty granny-ish and not at all what I like wearing! I normally get mine in La Senza and end up paying £15-20 for a bra ON ITS OWN, not even a set. Grr.

ReputationRep:
    Know the feeling =/ I have the same problem as you - it's a nightmare just to pop into a shop and buy a nice top. Don't even get me started on bikinis!
    Why is it that some certain body types are catered for an not others? It's stupid. I don't know how many people must be annoyed at this, but you'd think that some giant company would have decided to make a bit of money out of it?

Ahh don't get me started on bras and whatnot :woo: . . .

ReputationRep:
    I hear you sister! Most shops don't even seem to stock smaller than band size 32 or larger than a DD.

Try shopping online - Bravissimo/Fig Leaves/Simply Yours etc.

Not ideal as they are mostly £25-35.

ReputationRep:
    My sister has this exact problem.. 30G and size 8/10 D: Buying bikinis/swimwear is the most annoying thing for her, I think.

She recently bought a few nice bras on the Bravissimo sale though, all about £10 - £15 Cheaper than their normal prices!

ReputationRep:
    i know a really slim girl who has a great set of melons and she always complains about the same thing !
    it always amused me but i suppose its a real problem if u have it
    she gets plenty of attention though so it all balances out

ReputationRep:
    you ain't the only one hating!!!!

:jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    I feel ur pain but I'm a size 14 and my boobs r mahooooosiv
    ive lost loadsa weight too and they're not getting any smaller.. I'm going to see if they're the same when I get to a size 10 and if they are then im going for surgery

ReputationRep:
    This is the most annoying thing in the world, I share your pain. I have size E boobs but a size 8 waist, so i have to buy much larger tops to accomodate It's a real pain. And to top it all off, I'm not even 5 foot tall... Proportionally speaking, shopping = nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    Lose some weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimimimi)
    I can never wear shirts because the buttons just don't do up/are stretched so you can see my boobs
    Argh i have this exact same problem. I have to buy much larger sized fitted shirts just so the buttons will do up Then it doesnt fit right around your middle so it just makes you look odd X(

As for underwear, i can't buy sets because apparantly 32DD ladies are also a large or a size 12-14 bottom?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    you don't need to have freekishly large boobs to have curves.
    Excuse me? So having big boobs makes me a freak? Uh-uh! And large boobs aren't as rare as you think - more women are bigger than size D than are smaller so if we're calling names then brand yourself first missy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clioashlee)
    Argh i have this exact same problem. I have to buy much larger sized fitted shirts just so the buttons will do up Then it doesnt fit right around your middle so it just makes you look odd X(

As for underwear, i can't buy sets because apparantly 32DD ladies are also a large or a size 12-14 bottom?!
    Yeah... Maybe wearing a bigger sized shirt with like a chunky waist belt could be a good option? I hadn't really thought about that before, I might try it :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Lose some weight.
    Sweetie, I don't need to lose weight. Don't be an arse.

ReputationRep:
    Primark dedicate a section for D-G cups in Doncaster. And they definetly arent expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, tbf my friend/current plaything has 32FF boobs and getting her clothes to fit is damm near impossible. They just dont look right. Even my ex who wasnt huge boobed 32DD/32E couldnt get shirts to fit right.

Not complaining, the more there is on show the happier I am!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlylwright)
    Primark dedicate a section for D-G cups in Doncaster. And they definetly arent expensive.
    But they definately don't offer adaquate support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlylwright)
    I'd bet good money they look like this:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.