Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    But they definitely don't offer adaquate support.
    Indeed. I've never had a primark i've got on with. They just don't seem to hold you up too well =(

ReputationRep:
    This thread is useless without pictures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clioashlee)
    Indeed. I've never had a primark i've got on with. They just don't seem to hold you up too well =(
    Its not even the shaping, its the fact they don't last as well. For some reason the cups on larger sizes in Primark aren't washing machine proof! A size B bra lasts about a year or so depending on if the colours run, but an E cup is completley fecked up within a couple of months, they're £2 more expensive so they obviously make them worse quality on purpose to make more money!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Staralfur9)
    Clothes companies assume that because I've got big boobs, I'm fat.

I am SICK of buying size 14 clothes, just because the size 10s (that fit my body perfectly) are too tight over my chest. I shouldn't have to wear baggy clothes just because companies refuse to cater to women with REAL CURVES who aren't just fat.

CURVY =/= FAT.

OH AND ANOTHER THING. How comes companies that make beautiful lingerie never go up to my size? Apparently girls bigger than a DD don't like wearing nice bras. Or, if they do, they must be rich. I shouldn't have to spend £30-£40 just to find a decent bra. I wear a 32F cup, and I wear size 10 knickers. What does that tell you??

I swear to God, clothes are designed by skinny *****es who are jealous of girls with real curves, and it goes the same for lingerie. We have to pay a lot of money for a limited selection of underwear. I bet it's a scam. They know that because girls with DD+ boobs NEED bras more than girls with size B boobs, they make us pay MORE. They know they can get the money out of us because we have no choice. I can't pop into Primark and buy a cheap bra. New Look and H&M don't go up to my size. It isn't fair.

I google image searched "curvy woman" to prove my point.

Fat:

Curvy:
    I would argue that I, as a size B/C needs a bra just as much as you do. You're right, it's a complete conspiracy caused by 'skinny *****es' against people with 'curves' :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lindsey123)
    I hear you sister! Most shops don't even seem to stock smaller than band size 32 or larger than a DD.

Try shopping online - Bravissimo/Fig Leaves/Simply Yours etc.

Not ideal as they are mostly £25-35.
    Shop online? How do you know they'll fit?

ReputationRep:
    Because if they did make size 10 clothing to fit your epically large titties then it would consequently drape and look very sad with my tragic 34C's. And that's clearly all that matters :emo:
    I suppose it's just a case of having to cater to the average, and anything outside of that becomes a speciality. I do wonder why a lot of places stop stocking bras in sizes as small as they do though.

(Original post by Ham22)
    i am a 34 C and i have, quote 'real curves'. just becuase its diffucult for you get to clothes and you're angry, there's no need to insult everyone else. you don't need to have freekishly large boobs to have curves.

its difficult for most women to get clothes/underwear easily that fit. unless you fit the 'standard shape' that most of them cut their clothes too. i have wide hips and a small waist and its a nightmare. Why do all clothing companies assume that all women have boy hips? HUH???????????
    I am exactly the same! I still find it hard to find a good fit with a bra even at my size, and shopping for trousers is a nightmare. I manage to get things on, they'll fit perfectly on the legs, but will they do up over the hips? Will they hell. But I don't want to have to buy a larger size and have them all loose and sad looking round my bum and legs. Cruel world.

ReputationRep:
    Clothes companies assume that because I've got big boobs, I'm fat.

I am SICK of buying size 14 clothes, just because the size 10s (that fit my body perfectly) are too tight over my chest. I shouldn't have to wear baggy clothes just because companies refuse to cater to women with REAL CURVES who aren't just fat.

CURVY =/= FAT.

OH AND ANOTHER THING. How comes companies that make beautiful lingerie never go up to my size? Apparently girls bigger than a DD don't like wearing nice bras. Or, if they do, they must be rich. I shouldn't have to spend £30-£40 just to find a decent bra. I wear a 32F cup, and I wear size 10 knickers. What does that tell you??

I swear to God, clothes are designed by skinny *****es who are jealous of girls with real curves, and it goes the same for lingerie. We have to pay a lot of money for a limited selection of underwear. I bet it's a scam. They know that because girls with DD+ boobs NEED bras more than girls with size B boobs, they make us pay MORE. They know they can get the money out of us because we have no choice. I can't pop into Primark and buy a cheap bra. New Look and H&M don't go up to my size. It isn't fair.

I google image searched "curvy woman" to prove my point.

Fat:

Curvy:

I CANNOT STAND never finding 34E bras that cost less than 25 quid!!!! And the ones that are cheaper are just horrible/designed for the more mature woman :rolleyes: .... I don't get it!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have the exact same problem :l students just don't have a spare £25 - £40 for underwear! And big boobs does most certainly not mean that we're fat T_T
    I remember buying a bikini last year and i had to buy size 10 bottoms and size 18 top!

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree with you I'm a size 10 but cause I'm a 32G i have to buy bigger tops. It is soooo annoying!! Not in proportion at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottielottie)
    Shop online? How do you know they'll fit?
    Try www.brastop.com - you don't know they'll fit you've just got to hope for the best!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bravissimo.com/products/clothing these aren't to expensive are they???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    I would argue that I, as a size B/C needs a bra just as much as you do. You're right, it's a complete conspiracy caused by 'skinny *****es' against people with 'curves' :nothing:
    The thing is, I bet you could get away with going out with just a t-shirt, and no bra, and you'd still look great. I'd look like a grandma or something, though.

I didn't mean to be rude, it just really annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny28)
    http://www.bravissimo.com/products/clothing these aren't to expensive are they???
    No, I suppose they're not too expensive. Perhaps I'll show these to my mum - I'm sure she'll like some of those tops!

I, however, am an 18 year old. I'd like to look fashionable, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    But they definitely don't offer adaquate support.
    I never said they were any good! Just not expensive!

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, I bet you could get away with going out with just a t-shirt, and no bra, and you'd still look great. I'd look like a grandma or something, though.

I didn't mean to be rude, it just really annoys me.
    Okay, I do get why you're annoyed. Maybe I'm just bitter that I really do not look fine without a bra XD

ReputationRep:
    I 100% agree with you OP . I am a size 34G ... and it's really depressing. I can't find normal clothes to fit me.. if I try wearing something someone normal would wear, it either stretches right across and doesnt fit under the arms, or it ends up being really low on my boobs, and I look like a tramp.

I dont know what to do anymore. I'm growing out of my clothes, I hate buying expensive bras because I grow out of them and its just money GONE. If I wear something loose fitting it makes me look huge and hides my figure, if I wear something tight fitting it makes me look cheap... I end up just hiding behind jumpers half the time. Urghhhh!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Staralfur9]Clothes companies assume that because I've got big boobs, I'm fat.

CURVY =/= FAT.

QUOTE]

im in the same position - its so frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    No, I suppose they're not too expensive. Perhaps I'll show these to my mum - I'm sure she'll like some of those tops!

I, however, am an 18 year old. I'd like to look fashionable, thank you.
    haha yh fair enough... tbh i didn't really look at it i just knew of it and copied the link!

ReputationRep:
    I swear to God, clothes are designed by skinny *****es who are jealous of girls with real curves, and it goes the same for lingerie.
    Secret conspiracy revealed! :rofl:

...skinny *****es will get ya! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem. I love Marks and Sparks. And Ann Summers.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.