Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lindsey123)
    I hear you sister! Most shops don't even seem to stock smaller than band size 32 or larger than a DD.

Try shopping online - Bravissimo/Fig Leaves/Simply Yours etc.

Not ideal as they are mostly £25-35.
    Its still hard to find 32DD bras though!....most shops assume that if you are only a 32 band than you won't be bigger than a c cupsize!!......I stuggle to find 32DD bras in most shops!! I've found that Lasenza is the best place to go though......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lindsey123)
    I hear you sister! Most shops don't even seem to stock smaller than band size 32 or larger than a DD.

Try shopping online - Bravissimo/Fig Leaves/Simply Yours etc.

Not ideal as they are mostly £25-35.
    Its still hard to find 32DD bras though!....most shops assume that if you are only a 32 band than you won't be bigger than a c cupsize!!......I stuggle to find 32DD bras in most shops!! I've found that Lasenza is the best place to go though......

ReputationRep:
    It's really annoying I'm 30F and I find Paul Smith clothes ( albeit rather expnsive) fit me PERFECTLY . But on the high street I've no such luck I feel your pain.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest cheap bras aren't any good no matter what size you are. I'm a 32B/30C but Primark bras still don't fit (they're a really odd shape), the underwire creaks and comes out after 1 wash. Even if they did your size you wouldn't want them! I still end up paying around £20 for a bra. (Although if you want cheaper bras in larger sizes try new look, they go up to a 32DD/34E. M&S also do some OK bras in larger sizes that aren't too expensive http://www.marksandspencer.com/Ceris...viv_5/10_image)

Also anyone who isn't an average shape has the same problems. I have a really tiny waist but larger bum/hips and boobs (proportionately) and long legs so even if you don't have large boobs it can still be hard to find clothes that fit properly. Shops stock clothing that fits the average person so they can make a profit, they aren't going to cater for infinite variations. I buy clothes that I can alter myself or wear a dress with a waist belt. If I find clothes that fit well (especially trousers/jeans) I buy lots of them in case I can't find anything that fits again. It's a pain but I like my body and I'm happy to try and find things that fit/suit me.

Oh and slim girls can be curvy, my boobs might not be as big as yours but they're in proportion to the rest of my body.

xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Agreed.

I can't run without holding my chest.

It hurts when i go down some stairs.

I HAVE to wear a sports bra when I exercise.

I have to buy size 14/16 clothes just to fit my ribs and boobs in it. So I can only wear vest tops and baggy clothes.

Ribs = size 14. Hips - size 6. WTF.

..But they are good fun when the lights go down. THATS IT.

ReputationRep:
    I agree OP, finding my bra size is always a challenge.

ReputationRep:
    I find that even 34DD bras are hard to come by I've found one decent bra in the Primark "larger size" section - the rest all look as if they should be worn by "more mature women". I don't have £25 plus to spend per bra it gets really frustrating. And sometimes I see things in really pretty colours that I want, but I can't find them in the right size. Hurrr.

Also I hate when you find larger size bras and they have tons of padding in them. I don't want MORE padding, thanks!

Edit: I also have the other problem of having size 8-10 waist but size 12 hips... I just felt like a moan, sorry! Makes buying jeans a pain in the arse tho.

ReputationRep:
    It is annoying that bras are more expensive but la senza now do up to a gg and atm there 2 for £25. Clothes you'll just have to get used to,it sucks but thats that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimimimi)
    I'm probably what you'd class as fat, but I also get annoyed with my boobs sometimes.

I can never wear shirts because the buttons just don't do up/are stretched so you can see my boobs Also t-shirts make me look fatter than I am, so I normally go for 'empire line' tops/dresses because they're the most flattering. This limits what I can wear quite a lot... Boo hiss.
    This.

I am overweight but I have boobs bigger than the clothes size I can fit into. So I get a 16 jeans but a size 16 shirt the buttons pop open over my boobs and an 18 shirt will be baggy around my stomach and still be stretched to contain my boobs.

ReputationRep:
    Be grateful for what you have !!! People like me have to put up with having 32 As :'(
    The fact that your skinny and big boobed is something guys will love
    I'd love to have bigger boobs.

ReputationRep:
    i've complained about having small (A) boobs for the whole of my life, and yes you can have curves without having large breasts.
    i completely sympathise with you. im sorry that you have such problems and seriously, it cant be good for your back.
    now, thanks to you, i no longer envy hugee boobs, but just having the halfway (C) wouldn't be bad.
    ever considered becoming a model and getting the clothes/bras free?
    good luck anyhow.

ReputationRep:
    I have big boobs but I like them. Most people wouldn't consider them huge, I certainly don't. Although my boobs don't look huge or anything finding a bra that fits nicely is a nightmare sometimes. I had been squeezing into a 28C which was uncomfortable to say the least but then I got measured up and in fact I'm a 28DD!! It sounds bigger then it is though thankfully.

I've now found a few places now that sell my size and I just get my underwear from there. Mainly online.

I have had clothes on a few occasions (mainly jackets and dresses) that are either too tight in the bust or if they fit there then they're too loose at the waist. Although most clothes now are just too loose as I'm so petite. Shopping for my size is such a nightmare sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Staralfur9)
    Clothes companies assume that because I've got big boobs, I'm fat.

I am SICK of buying size 14 clothes, just because the size 10s (that fit my body perfectly) are too tight over my chest. I shouldn't have to wear baggy clothes just because companies refuse to cater to women with REAL CURVES who aren't just fat.

CURVY =/= FAT.

OH AND ANOTHER THING. How comes companies that make beautiful lingerie never go up to my size? Apparently girls bigger than a DD don't like wearing nice bras. Or, if they do, they must be rich. I shouldn't have to spend £30-£40 just to find a decent bra. I wear a 32F cup, and I wear size 10 knickers. What does that tell you??

I swear to God, clothes are designed by skinny *****es who are jealous of girls with real curves, and it goes the same for lingerie. We have to pay a lot of money for a limited selection of underwear. I bet it's a scam. They know that because girls with DD+ boobs NEED bras more than girls with size B boobs, they make us pay MORE. They know they can get the money out of us because we have no choice. I can't pop into Primark and buy a cheap bra. New Look and H&M don't go up to my size. It isn't fair.
    I have this exact same problem, i find nothing suits my figure, and i would be a size 10 without my boobs but i have to wear size 14 making me look larger than i am. I hate having to buy bras, cos they are so expensive its ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?!
    I'm 15, I have size 30GG boobs, and I hate them, I'm planning on going to the doctors about a reduction, but its unlikely I'll get one cause I'm too young. I get awful back and neck pains, and my bras cost around £50, and do NOT even get me started on bikinis. Bravissimo have amazing bras, so expensive though.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed! Omg so annoying!!! And they don't go down to my band size either I'm a 30F and I can never find that size :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    I hear you.
    I'm very similar, and to make it worse, I'm also a short-arse. Try finding clothes for somebody who's 5'1.5, with 32G boobs, a small waist, and hips.

I'm happy to pay more for bras though - if nothing else, for the support. I'd rather pay £15 more for a bra now, and have adequate support. It is frustrating, though.
    But the only places that really fit me are M&S and Bravissimo. I don't know what size La Senza's and Ann Summers' 32G actually is, but it's certainly not that!

ReputationRep:
    Argh I want to join this rant.

Because I am quite narrow back-wise and big cup-wise, it's hard to find my size. I'm a 30E and then when I am lucky enough to find the right size, they're often hideous in comparison to smaller styles, and a lot more expensive.

Someone mentioned primark doing a larger range, but they don't look great from the ones I've seen at my local primark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura_j90)
    Because I am quite narrow back-wise and big cup-wise, it's hard to find my size. I'm a 30E and then when I am lucky enough to find the right size, they're often hideous in comparison to smaller styles, and a lot more expensive.
    I completely agree! Shops basically never stock band size 30. They are often hideous and a bit old lady-ish, and unless you specifically buy a t-shirt bra (which are a bit boring) they are always material rather than moulded, which is useless when you feel cold!

ReputationRep:
    OMG, agree with this 110%. Even in my local Debenhams, there's these really cute lines of lingerie, all ruffles and bows, they stop at a size D. Two of my friends are A/B cups, so they can get these really cute bras which are cheaper. I have to go to the DD+ section, which is full of mainly ugly bras which cost more. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I have big breast too....Im not a big girl but I understand why you get upset....my best friend who is a "skinny-minny" wore the same tank top as me one day, people judged me and asked why I was dressed like that, but no one said nothing to her but how cute she was, I guess people are jelous... I have learned, which i hope u learn also-to embrace your curves and dont care what people say, you have the body, the curves and judging from yer message a sassy attitude dont get upset, the little tiny girls wanna be like you! I think that every woman is beautiful in their own sense and even though there is some womem out there like us with big chests and we cant hide them, we shouldnt! We have them for a reason, dont be a hoe with it, be classy, show a little but not too much and the boys will look but klnow they cant touch!!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.