Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In my school you must do Alan Tests. So English and Maths.
    I have completed Maths and English and passed.

Do employers really understand these, are they worth it...

Thank you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Most employers would have no understanding of ALAN.

Some further education colleges accept them as an alternative to GCSE.

They are worth league table points for your school/college and this is why you sat them.

They are not accepted as a suitable qualification for teacher training.

ReputationRep:
    That's bad, I don't wanna improve my school :P

Thank you for your reply

ReputationRep:
    Haha, now I understand after about 4 years why on earth they had us do them, some futile attempt to get my awful school past the bottom quarter of the league tables

ReputationRep:
    I did these and Passed.

I dont really know if emplyers look at them. So cannot really help you there.

Also, Level 1= C Level 2=B ( That's What i have been Told) I did Level and passed and it weren't even hard. In English I got 36/40....Just four marks away from full marks.

If It does mean something good and emplyers do recognise it then it a good thing init. Even if they do not, then you still but it on your CV. Make it look like you got lot of qualifications on top of you GCSE. Like an extra thing.

WIN-WIN Situation really,

regards,Kmaster
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    36/40 in English. Well done.

Unfortunately, your post illustrates why employers are right to be suspicious of ALAN Kmaster.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.