Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've lost 2 stone, am pretty and a nice person but lonely and always just a friend watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exursist)
    Oh, ur good, real good!(coming from a guy)
    Or ur Gay!( in which case, i take back everything)
    lol im not gay.. I can just imagine how girls feel man, theres so much pressure for them to be skinny when theres really no need.. They are beautiful on the inside, and thats what counts.

ReputationRep:
    a person nice enough to date wouldnt be bothered about your weight .... they'd love you for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ISAAC W)
    lol im not gay.. I can just imagine how girls feel man, theres so much pressure for them to be skinny when theres really no need.. They are beautiful on the inside, and thats what counts.
    Hahaha

All girls are beautiful on the inside?

And the generalisation of the day award goes to....

ReputationRep:
    You can lose weight but you can't lose ugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wardy23)
    Hahaha

All girls are beautiful on the inside?

And the generalisation of the day award goes to....
    Ok maybe not all, some can be cold hearted *****es, who break your heart:mad: But anyway, some are beautiful on the inside and looks dont matter as much. Once you find someone you realise that you are in love with their personality and their thoughts and not so much there appearance.

You go deeper and fall in love with the person inside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So ive recently lost 2 stone and am hoping to lose about the same again. I didnt lose weight in a good way, i had basically anorexic tendencies but am happier than ever with how i look and think i will be more confident when ive lost the next 2.

The problem is i always seem to get looked over for other people despite being pretty and having a good personality etc. There have been a couple of people (not out of my league either!) Who have had an intrest in me or w/e but never wanted to commit or to go anywhere or have backed out of it right at the last minute. Not only is this quite hard to keep facing up to but its making me feel sad and anxious.

I dont know what to do. I know i will lose the weight but i dont want it to carry on happening in the way it has been happening with basically eating nothing because i feel a pressure to be slim but i also dont know how to not have feelings for people that get rejected :confused:

This sounds mean, but you sound EXTREMELY shallow. You didn't mention anything to do with personality. Maybe it's that?

ReputationRep:
    Ok maybe not all, some can be cold hearted *****es, who break your heart:mad: But anyway, some are beautiful on the inside and looks dont matter as much. Once you find someone you realise that you are in love with their personality and their thoughts and not so much there appearance.

You go deeper and fall in love with the person inside.
    Do you not think that people who's personalities you love are just really good friends? And the really good friends who are also physically attractive and attracted to you can become sexual interests? That's sort of the case for me at least.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt dare losing any weight - cos if i lost 2 stones i'll look like a skeleton.

stop worrying about ur body image- do u want men to look at women like their a piece of object rather than a human with feelings? ur just resorting and giving in to the media image. if u start to lose more weight you'll have men looking at u like ur a pile of bones- sorry i dont mean to be harsh but its the truth. Looks means nothing but ur personality means everything.

ReputationRep:
    Do you not think that people who's personalities you love are just really good friends? And the really good friends who are also physically attractive and attracted to you can become sexual interests? That's sort of the case for me at least.
    Yeah i agree with you, inner beauty can be seen as friendship i guess, but when you like the person that they are and also like their appearance then I guess thats love...

So yeah

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i agree with you, inner beauty can be seen as friendship i guess, but when you like the person that they are and also like their appearance then I guess thats love...

So yeah
    And there we have it. No more postulating about the nature of love. We have it sussed.

ReputationRep:
    And there we have it. No more postulating about the nature of love. We have it sussed.

Well done Wardy23, we did it reps to you

ReputationRep:
    You really have to sort yourself out. You could have underlying psychological problems, especially as you mentioned anorexia. Theres no way any guy will like or accept you unless you like and accept yourself first. Its like what Tyra banks once said about everyone wondering why all the boys want to dance with that ugly girl dancing in the centre, and it's because she is confident and believes she is hot, so all the guys believe it too. This may sound unbelievable but, talking from experience, ever since I started acting more confident, walking with pride and realising where i actually stand, i have been attracting everyone. I used be just like you, battling with my weight, but now I've realised that theres nothing wrong with me at all. The guy you attract at your 'worst' will be the guy that will see beauty in you whatever you look like, you shouldn't put so much effort into becoming something else, just so you can attract some shallow dude that will not even see past your looks. My advice to you would be to forget about trying to find someone and focus on yourself first. The right guy will come to you eventually if you are sure about yourself and stop waiting around. It's unattractive to be desperate anyway, and guys can tell when you're desperate! Decent guys like girls with confidence, and confidence highlights your beauty. Well done for losing 2 stone by the way, however it's a stupid idea to lose another 2, do you really think guys will look at you and think 'omg shes 10 stone not 8, I would never date her'. If they did, why would you want to date someone with that klind of mentality. you really need to sit down, think things through, and put yourself and your health first before men. Sorry I wrote so much loool x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisVuitton43)
    12 stone, yes is considered big, but probably only slightly overweight.
    10 stone = PERFECTLY normal. and plus depends on your height
    8 stone = pretty small. like celeb small.

she wasnt that fat. i dnt think you should judge before you hear the facts
    So 2 stones bring you from one "state" to another. She already jumped from one state to another and wants to do this again... don't tell me she isn't fat. Maybe she isn't now- but she did not comment on this yet.

ReputationRep:
    why do you need a partner?
    learn a rubik's cube or something instead...some skillz would probably make you more attractive and interesting too, making it easier to get a partner. if you didn't mention learning it, and just picked someone's cube up and solved it, claiming you'd never learned from a guide and maybe even that it was your first go of a cube, people would think you were really intelligent and more interesting than they had before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    :rofl: im the least big headed person ever it wasnt meant to come across like i was being really cocky and sure of myself :sigh: Ive been told im pretty and friendly.

And i was 12 stone, now 10 and soon to be 8.
    Good going on the weight loss.
    Could be that if you are pretty and friendly the guys simply are intimidated by you as you could be 'undershooting for your league' which a lot of girls tend to do.
    Easiest way is to get a guy you like drunk. Then hit on him. Problem of rejection solved.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.