Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have applied for the adult nursing dipolma at city university. I was wondering if any body has had an interview there yet?

My interview for City is in the middle of March

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I applied at the end of November for the children's diploma i still have heard nothing !

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview at City on 2nd December. The selection day is nice and relaxed, and all the staff are very helpful. Like elsewhere you'll have your numeracy and literacy tests in the morning, followed by a casual group interview in the afternoon. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview on the 10th march! very scary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Applefan)
    I had my interview at City on 2nd December. The selection day is nice and relaxed, and all the staff are very helpful. Like elsewhere you'll have your numeracy and literacy tests in the morning, followed by a casual group interview in the afternoon. Good luck

What type of questions did they ask? any advice? thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Applefan)
    Did you have a group interview for adult nursing?

ReputationRep:
    It was a group interview for City, yes. We had a fairly large group of around 40-50 people which split into two, and in those two groups we were interviewed. Rather than specific questions it was more about "tell us about yourself". We were put into pairs and had 10 minutes or thereabouts to find out why your partner wanted to become a nurse, why they wanted to study the adult branch, what experience they had, what they were currently doing etc etc, then we spoke in front of the group about what we had found out.

The admission tutors will be looking for a number of things, it's not just about saying the right things. Make sure you make yourself look confident... look up, speak up and talk clearly, in other words make yourself stand out. Make sure you listen to what other people are saying in the group before it's your turn, and if you can, try incorporate or reiterate what they have said if it's relevant to yourself...it shows you have listening skills (that you're not just spending the session pre-occupied with what you're going to say!).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks didnt no there was a group interview after that are you then interviews on your own? Was the maths and english tests ok??

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I just had the group session. Maths and English tests were very simple You'll be alreet!

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview here for the mental health nursing diploma...I didn't have a group interview - I had a literacy and numeracy test, then an individual interview.

They asked why I chose the uni, why I chose the course, why I thought I'd be a good candidate, personal hobbies, how I'd cope with stress, what experience I had with mental health, how I'd handle patients, how my A-level subjects would help me with nursing etc...there was quite a lot but it was pretty basic stuff. They just want to get to know you really.

Good luck!

Oh and the literacy and numeracy tests were very simple, I'm sure you'll have no problem!

ReputationRep:
    Your going to absolutely fine honestly You know you will if i can get into city so can you and as i said the maths and english were easier then middlesex for me the english was multiple choice and an essay type question. As long as your english grammer is ok you will be fine. Even thou we are doing different branches i think the questions are quite generic. They asked me 6 main questions ie why do you want to do adult/child/mental health nursing, what skills do you feel you hav etc.

ReputationRep:
    So did u guys find out from city on the day of the interview - or are u told days later?????

ReputationRep:
    well they told us within 5 days but i found out the next day

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.