Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am so stressed and depressed. I've always wanted to do Pharmacy since I was young.

But I thought to my self after my GCSES (Let's see if I can do something else, like computer science and to see if tis for me).

I am in year 12, studying ict business and computing, but I am failing in them, I don't like them at all and I can't even get teh work done. I've applied for college, to study Biology, Chemistry, English and maths.

I think i'm going to get EEU or even UUU. What do i do?

ReputationRep:
    If you honestly think that your results will be that bad then go to College next September and leave your current studies. Do some volutary work between now and Sept/get a job.

ReputationRep:
    I can't leave my current studies, apparently my sixth form will make me pay for the exams... and my mum will stop getting child benefit...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudyingFreak)
    Hi

I am so stressed and depressed. I've always wanted to do Pharmacy since I was young.

But I thought to my self after my GCSES (Let's see if I can do something else, like computer science and to see if tis for me).

I am in year 12, studying ict business and computing, but I am failing in them, I don't like them at all and I can't even get teh work done. I've applied for college, to study Biology, Chemistry, English and maths.

I think i'm going to get EEU or even UUU. What do i do?
    your a bit like me, I have always wanted to be an architect but i'm failing my exams, what i'm gona do if wait to finish my a-levels and then consider my options, you should do the same. don't get stressed it will just make you marks go down because you loose concentration.

ReputationRep:
    work hard, you won';t get EEU/UUU

but, love, sorry to say but: aint we all. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I will get i, im totally rubbish at these subjects. Connexions just advised me i keep these AS then join college, then I can use this as a factor for determination if I really want to go in sciences?

ReputationRep:
    Just, fyi,
    Biology, Chemistry and Maths are much, much harder than your current AS levels, two of which are considered 'soft', if you take anything from this year, let it be that you actuallly will need to work hard next year.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear your story, perhaps you should return in September and repeat year 12. Alot of people usually fail the first year and end up repeating and get good grades.
    Also I think you should take the sciences and maths if your college lets you, if they say no then enter as a private candidate and pay for the exams, they're much more interesting than the ict and business courses your currently doing and it'll boost your chances of getting into university.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies guys, but I am no best candidate for subjects like business and computing. I don't know what to do, im so confused. can someone please help me out

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.