Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why Are Males Superior To Females...? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ...in sports that do not require the physical strength of a man?

Such sports include Darts, Snooker/Pool, Bowls/Bowling, any form of Racing so Formula 1, Rally racing etc.

Why is it that females that take part in these sports are always of a much lower standard compared to their male counterparts?

ReputationRep:
    Spacial awareness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IsThisLife???)

Such sports include Darts, Snooker/Pool, Bowls/Bowling, any form of Racing so Formula 1, Rally racing etc.

Why is it that females that take part in these sports are always of a much lower standard compared to their male counterparts?
    Are they? I imagine its just the social convention that more men play these sports, and consequently more men become better at them, and compete in international competitions.

I mean how many woman do you know that play Darts professionally? Not because they can't, because they don't want too.

The fact is, if they tried Woman would probably be just as good if not better than men in most of them.

ReputationRep:
    Stereotypical male sports, sort of a habit - men get more practise?

ReputationRep:
    And formula one and racing, thats a physical thing. A women's neck muscles can never be strong enough for it.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team

Such sports include Darts, Snooker/Pool, Bowls/Bowling etc.

It could well be that fewer females take part in these sports, so due to averages, you get fewer making it through to the top levels.

It could be that women aren't as interested in these sports leading to fewer of them taking part.

Or it could be that they are so dominated by men that it puts women off from even trying.

Or in the case of darts and snooker/pool, at lower levels they are thought of more as 'pub' games, which are traditionally more of a male past time and so more men take them up and progress to the higher levels.

So there are loads of possible reasons, without even considering the idea that men could be 'superior' to women in this area.

ReputationRep:
    I did consider the idea that it would be men who practice these sports more, but surely there would be at least one freakishly good female who took part in sports who was able to compete with the males?

ReputationRep:
    Bigger dicks.

ReputationRep:
    Probably just because females don't like them as much and don't have the competitive personality required that is more likely found in males.

ReputationRep:
    All comes down to the brain. Scientific research has shown that women have smaller brains. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    They're not. It's just that women have been oppressed by them so they haven't had much experience in those sports.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by un-jardin-sur-le-nil)
    And formula one and racing, thats a physical thing. A women's neck muscles can never be strong enough for it.
    Eh?

There are examples of both.

ReputationRep:
    well then who is going to do the cooking and wash the dishes, while she is out there crashing the formula one car.

ReputationRep:
    Because by and large we hate those sports.

ReputationRep:
    Since when did females play those sports?
    And the media only shows half of the story anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I did consider the idea that it would be men who practice these sports more, but surely there would be at least one freakishly good female who took part in sports who was able to compete with the males?
    Danica Patrick is a great driver and competes at top level Indy Car, Richard Branson even tryed to recruit her into Virgin Racing for F1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deadly Lightshade)
    Eh?

There are examples of both.
    the g forces are so great that if you are not trained you can pass out, you need to be strong enough to turn the steering wheel when the bends come which isn't as easy as it sounds and you need to do it for 2-3 hours in a race. your neck needs to strong enough to take the forces acting on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Max Hinks)
    The fact is, if they tried Woman would probably be just as good if not better than men in most of them.
    Why does everything have to descend into the same petty "if I actually wanted to do it I could do it better than you" argument.

There's plenty of valid reasons why it could be - reduced numbers due to social stigma and other commitments, lesser spatial awareness, etc. etc. - so why make such a childish statement as that?

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend's in a snooker league and also is the manager of a snooker club. There's not a single female in the snooker league (there's probably about 30-40 teams in it). I don't think there's ever been a woman who's played in the club while he's worked there, either.

If a woman did play, she'd have as much chance of being a good player as any individual man who played -- so not a very high chance at all. As it happens, loads of men play these games, so a fair few good players emerge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Why does everything have to descend into the same petty "if I actually wanted to do it I could do it better than you" argument.

There's plenty of valid reasons why it could be - reduced numbers due to social stigma and other commitments, lesser spatial awareness, etc. etc. - so why make such a childish statement as that?
    It was an attempt by the young man to get as much positive rep from the ladies as possible.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.