Turn on thread page Beta

Why Are Males Superior To Females...? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keithzor)
    I can have you killed..
    I can also have you killed...by a woman...

ReputationRep:
    Testosterone is linked to visiospatial ability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generic hybrid)
    Bigger dicks.
    Yeah, bigger dicks as opposed to a woman's "smaller" ****..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IsThisLife???)
    ...in sports that do not require the physical strength of a man?

Such sports include Darts, Snooker/Pool, Bowls/Bowling, any form of Racing so Formula 1, Rally racing etc.

Why is it that females that take part in these sports are always of a much lower standard compared to their male counterparts?
    social factors.

just like how you're more likely to be a professional hockey player in canada if you're born in the first 3 months of the year.

ReputationRep:
    Having said that, men have excelled to an equal or better standard in cooking, fashion, hair etc. Is there a field where women completely dominate?
    i think, though obviously i can't really prove it, that men in general have more time to dedicate to becoming really top class at any particular area.

basically, both men and women have the urge to have and care for children, and this combined with the general view up to (and in many places including) today that the womans job is to stay home and care for the children, therefore men have the opportunity to have a family and have a top career at the same time, whilst women often feel very pressured to choose between the two, and this becomes the whole "having it all" debate.

i need to use full stops :P

ReputationRep:
    Women who do well for themselves can buy what you can't have. Women hate this. Men aren't as bad when it comes to this.

Women should just get back into the kitchen and start cooking and going back to what they know. Now men have taken over as the best chefs. Pathetic.
    Oohhhhh..... you're saying that other women are jealous of Cheryl Cole? And that we hate the fact that men are *allegedly* better?
    Out of genuine interest, is english your first language?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Max Hinks)
    Are they? I imagine its just the social convention that more men play these sports, and consequently more men become better at them, and compete in international competitions.

I mean how many woman do you know that play Darts professionally? Not because they can't, because they don't want too.

The fact is, if they tried Woman would probably be just as good if not better than men in most of them.
    Why did you extend that in to 'if not better' :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    For all the positive rep that will come with it from the females.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Spacial awareness.
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    It may have something to do with the fact that different hormones in men make them (generally) more competitive than women and so they're more eager to win at things.
    Perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Copacetic)
    Because the sexes aren't equal. A point which is often forgotten.

It is true to say that Snooker and Darts do not involve much physical activity but there are nevertheless aspects to them which I believe favour men. They were invented by men after all.

In Snooker, one has to be able to calculate angles and speeds in one's head. This is a mathematical problem which suits a male mind. In darts, there are similar angle calculations but also quite complex numerical manipulations in order to develop a strategy to acquire your points. There is also, as has been mentioned, an element of spatial awareness which is said to be easier to overcome with a male mind.

I accept the argument that, by and large, women do not seem interested in these games and do not like them. They are often regarded as pub games and we all know pubs tend to be associated with the working class male. I believe if women played these games more they would become more prominent in them. However, I also recognise the point that there are a few women who do play these games and to my knowledge not a single one has really been spectacular or has competed favourably with the men. On this point it might be advisable to remember that the opportunites for women to play men may be limited.

In this response I have tried to assimilate arguments from both sides. I agree that women are not very numerous in these sports and this disadvantages them but I also reject the theory that an equal number of participants would result in an equality of the result.

I think it is a bit silly to assume that men and women are exactly the same.
    I agree, but to clarify I did say the "possibility of equality amongst sexes" I did not suggest they were equal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    Oohhhhh..... you're saying that other women are jealous of Cheryl Cole? And that we hate the fact that men are *allegedly* better?
    Out of genuine interest, is english your first language?
    Yes.

And don't start, its only a ******* forum. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Because it is a possibility isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

And don't start, its only a ******* forum. :rolleyes:
    I was just checking! The point of a forum is to get your view across to other people anyway, surely it helps if they can understand you?
    I'm slightly confused about why you think that women being jealous is relevant. Unless you're saying that women hold other women back from being good at things?
    Also, your point about girl groups not getting far in X Factor- the previous two winners before Joe thingy were female solo artists

ReputationRep:
    Having said that, men have excelled to an equal or better standard in cooking, fashion, hair etc. Is there a field where women completely dominate?
    I would argue we are equal, but not the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    I would argue we are equal, but not the same.
    Ooooo writing bad fiction about wizards/ vampires that are aimed at young teenagers but which attract a huge following despite being badly written and possibly just a rip off of certain other stories?

ReputationRep:
    ...in sports that do not require the physical strength of a man?

Such sports include Darts, Snooker/Pool, Bowls/Bowling, any form of Racing so Formula 1, Rally racing etc.

Why is it that females that take part in these sports are always of a much lower standard compared to their male counterparts?
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    :facepalm:
    What type of contribution is that. Lose the attitude.

ReputationRep:
    Woman have smaller feet so they can stand closer to the oven.

ReputationRep:
    Brain Lateralization, men think with their right side which is all about spacial awareness and physical activity.......(Well thats what i use as my excuse for being bad at them sports!:embarrassed:)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.