Turn on thread page Beta

Why Are Males Superior To Females...? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    I played in teams against various Girls teams when I was younger, including Everton Ladies (youth) and even when they were a few years older than us they were pretty poor, both technically and tactically.
    So just on the basis of that you're condemning every girl in the country as being a poor player? :rolleyes: Everton aren't a very good example btw, Arsenal has the best women's team. Plus I think you're forgetting that girls normally begin playing a good few years after boys do, so it stands to reason that it's going to take them longer to develop their skills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    So just on the basis of that you're condemning every girl in the country as being a poor player? :rolleyes: Everton aren't a very good example btw, Arsenal has the best women's team. Plus I think you're forgetting that girls normally begin playing a good few years after boys do, so it stands to reason that it's going to take them longer to develop their skills.
    Which is why I probably should of said we were playing them a few years above us. I have yet to meet a girl who I would genuinly class as good at football, and I have met many girls proclaiming their brilliance at the sport due to going on various football tours etc. Even in my bodies completely ravaged state I have found matches against girls pretty easy and boring compared to average and below average males.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Max Hinks)
    Are they? I imagine its just the social convention that more men play these sports, and consequently more men become better at them, and compete in international competitions.

I mean how many woman do you know that play Darts professionally? Not because they can't, because they don't want too.

The fact is, if they tried Woman would probably be just as good if not better than men in most of them.
    As someone who was into the darts scene, it's well known that the woman just are nowhere near the same standard and it's something I've never understood.

I don't just mean women versus men, but the standard of women's inter county and the standard of youth boys' inter county are on a par; we're talking 14/15 year olds as good as women who've played regularly for year upon year, and that isn't because the women don't want to or don't try.

Trina Gulliver, the best female darts player to have really played, tends to average on a par with men's county, which is also not necessarily anywhere quite near professional either.

It does baffle me in all honesty.

ReputationRep:
    Which is why I probably should of said we were playing them a few years above us. I have yet to meet a girl who I would genuinly class as good at football, and I have met many girls proclaiming their brilliance at the sport due to going on various football tours etc. Even in my bodies completely ravaged state I have found matches against girls pretty easy and boring compared to average and below average males.
    Speak for yourself, I've not found that at all. And I've met guys who obviously think they are brilliant at it but aren't at all and are easy to play against, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Speak for yourself, I've not found that at all. And I've met guys who obviously think they are brilliant at it but aren't at all and are easy to play against, too.
    Yer I've met many boys going on about how great they are at it when in fact they are an utter disgrace, but I've also played against more than enough good male footballers as well as actually watched them play. This cannot be said for the females, the last ladies international tournament was an embarassment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HpFreak_Amy7192)
    I don't see why everyone forgets about Leon Jackson

It went - Leona, Leon, Alexandra

My 2 cents: men tend to have better spatial awareness and hand-eye coordination. A fair amount of my male classmates would agree with the kitchen thing though.
    Sorry- I thought he came before Leona, plus he sort of sunk straight after the show......
    I'm not coming to comment; it's beem a long day and I don't want to be blasted by feminists or told to get back in the kitchen :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IsThisLife???)
    ...in sports that do not require the physical strength of a man?

Such sports include Darts, Snooker/Pool, Bowls/Bowling, any form of Racing so Formula 1, Rally racing etc.

Why is it that females that take part in these sports are always of a much lower standard compared to their male counterparts?
    In what way does F1 not require physical strength? It's one of the most physically demanding spectator sports there is.

Anyway, to answer the question it's generally accepted that men have better spacial awareness than women (as previously mentioned I think).

ReputationRep:
    Yer I've met many boys going on about how great they are at it when in fact they are an utter disgrace, but I've also played against more than enough good male footballers as well as actually watched them play. This cannot be said for the females, the last ladies international tournament was an embarassment.
    In your opinion.

Watch this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCxuj...eature=related

You seriously can't see the skill some of these players have? Look at the goal at 0.10 for example, and that's just one.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.