Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon or delete please.

I'll just get to the point; i'm not eat well. Infact, i'm barely eating at all and I'm having mood swings, very often.

I was wondering if anybody had suffered anything simular to this before? What was it?

Any tips on eating more? (I've just made a plate of chips and managed to eat about five.. and couldn't manage any more.)

Please, no trolls.

eating*

I may go to the docters, just wondering what TSR thought first.

ReputationRep:
    *Could* be a sign of depression OP. My dad was a depressive and very often would just go off his food and have mood swings too.

Maybe it would be best to go and see a doctor. I hope you feel better soon .

ReputationRep:
    The low food intake will be contributing majorly to feeling low, mood swings etc. I would suggest that you eat little and often, say 5 small meals per day, it will build an appetite and boost your metabolism, whilst getting the nutrition your body needs. It may well be worth a visit to the doctors, how long have you been like this? What has your relationship with food been like in the past?

ReputationRep:
    Just go to the doctors.

(Original post by Annie72)
    *Could* be a sign of depression OP. My dad was a depressive and very often would just go off his food and have mood swings too.

Maybe it would be best to go and see a doctor. I hope you feel better soon .
    Thanks for your help and input!

(Original post by Double Agent)
    The low food intake will be contributing majorly to feeling low, mood swings etc. I would suggest that you eat little and often, say 5 small meals per day, it will build an appetite and boost your metabolism, whilst getting the nutrition your body needs. It may well be worth a visit to the doctors, how long have you been like this? What has your relationship with food been like in the past?
    Well the past three days i've eat very little. I mean odd biscuits nothing more kind of thing. Over the past two weeks i've had odd 'good meals', i.e. pasta etc but not a lot. Never have breakfast or lunch, just a quick snack in the morning.

I'm quite thin anyway and i do need to put on weight (I'm male). I've never really been like this before, though, I'll try and eat a small meal every 2 hours, or so, i think?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.