Turn on thread page Beta

We've been on this earth for ~18 years now... What have we done with our lives? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    I feel like I've contributed 17 and a half years of nothing. Jeez this thread has made me feel bad.
    Same :console:

ReputationRep:
    sweet eff all, got a few decent qualifications here and there but it scares me that i'm 20 next year and I feel as if i've had so few life changing experiences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveParlour)
    Don't worry mate, it will happen eventually. I went a long while without finding someone I was serious about and despite the complications I think I have finally found her
    I'm glad she makes you happy, after all life is all about being happy.

And I hope you're right.

Nothing tbh

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done loads due to education but I hope after the next eighteen years I will have more to say.

ReputationRep:
    i've written five (unpublished) novels one of which was praised by a publisher and was very nearly published

other than that i'm afraid not much - future plans - travelling, more writing, love hopefully - i hoping the next ten years of my life will be better than the last 10

ReputationRep:
    I've reached level 36 of farmville! Now that's something i'm proud off

ReputationRep:
    These 17 years 11 months have been..... fairly uneventful

well at least i've built myself into a self confident, optimistic, creative and fast thinking individual, that will in the future have more life experiences and will make the most of his life in the months and years to come

but in terms of contribution to the world? not much. Yet..... *evil laugh*

ReputationRep:
    Not a lot. Got some decent grades, played a fair amount of music and worked in Topshop. Travelled quite a lot within England actually, and a little bit outside of England. That's about it really.

Can't say I've had the most eventful 17 and a half years...

ReputationRep:
    Wasted too much time

ReputationRep:
    I figured out how to make homemade peanut butter cups :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    I've wasted my life.

Oh well, back to TSR.

Naw, but seriously, I think I've achieved some things. It's just that most people also achieve similar things in their own way and on a similar timeframe.

I've:
    - Got the grades I needed to get to university - I put a lot of work into my IB, and whilst the grades I got weren't good enough for my choices, I am still proud that I saw that ***** of a course through to the end without a mental breakdown, and that the grade I got was still great. Also still chuffed with my GCSE results
    - Got to university - not the ones I wanted to go to, but in retrospect, one I would have liked to have known about when doing UCAS. I love it!
    - Put a ****-ton of work into getting a driving licence - it took a year and a stupid amount of money, but I did it.
    - Built a PC - it took a day and a stupid amount of money [I could build a dirt cheap one, but what would be the point?], but I did it.
    - Seen some of the wonders of the world, ancient or modern - the Pyramids & Sphinx, Valley of the Kings, the Rose City of Petra, the Eiffel Tower, the Colosseum, the Mona Lisa, Michelangelo's David, the Temples of Karnak, the Suez Canal . . .
    - Seen bits of the world others rarely go to, like Jordan and Lebanon, but haven't seen enough of it! Still want to go out and explore!
    - Taken some awesome photographs!
    Travelling is amazing isn't it I've been to Egypt as well and the pyramids were nothing compared to all the other wonders. I have been to atleast 12 countries but they were mainly in Europe. Sweden (again), Toronto and Beijing are next on my list.

ReputationRep:
    Realised a lot, and not done much, wow, what a waste of existence when you put it like that!!

ReputationRep:
    i've managed to ruin it

ReputationRep:
    A load of stupid, selfish, unkind, misguided, typical teenage things. Hopefully similar number of nice thoughtful helpful-in-some-small-way things. Got a bit over my people fear, got a lot of confidence with regards to how I look after losing it completely, got into uni. Haven't worked as hard as I liked, haven't failed as much as I feared.

Nothing special, nothing awful, and you're making me ******* depressed now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    Well most of us have become some what educated by now.
    We Have some idea of the direction we want our lives to head.

And we have pretty good social lives by now.

for 18-19 years id say that was a damn good start.
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I can solve the rubik's cube I'm sure that must count for something. :s

ReputationRep:
    Applied to medical school twice, watched quite a bit of tv. Masturbated a lot.

Like a lot lot

ReputationRep:
    i managed to sit thru the whole of Jedwards new song

ReputationRep:
    I invented a 'bicycle'.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.