Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GIRLS: How would you prefer to be asked out on valentines day? watch

Alright, I've not actually asked a girl out before... Ive been seeing this lass for a couple of months now and we are both fairly into each other. I'm 99% sure she wants to go out with me...

But how do you ask such a thing? I'm taking her out for a meal on valentines day... would it be appropriate to ask then do you think? I could do it before we go out, or during the meal, or after?

"Would you like to go out with me?" Sounds a bit cheesy maybe?

Should I ask at all ever? does it just sort of slip into we're going out after a certain amount of time? Hmmm....

This is unknown territory to me

Thanks for any replies

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    You should either:

- make up a poem and read it out to her, with the gist of it being you want to take her out.
    - serenade her with a banjo and sing the poem instead of spoken word
    - get down on one knee in a public place and declare your love for her and tell her you want to be with her on valentines day
    - buy her a massive teddy and write on it 'i love you- please go on a date with me on valentine's day'
    - hire a band and stand outside her house with a banner saying 'let's go out on valentine's day'

...............ha. just give her a text, 'hey, got any plans for valentine's day? i wouldn't mind taking you out '

ReputationRep:
    to whambamglam - he's already going out with her on v.day he wants to actually date date her

and doing that by a poem on v.day is seriously cheesy

to op, just tell her you like her and you wana know how she feels..be confident in yourself and the rest will follow - if she's already going out with you on v.day i think she likes you - you can move on to the next step now

ReputationRep:
    You want to ask her to go out with you... while you're out with her?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think asking a girl out on valentines day is a good idea fullstop. It may seem as if you're just doing it because you're feeling lonely and miserable being single on valentines. It's also a bit of a gimmick, to do that sort of stuff on valentines day so she might think you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

ReputationRep:
    You've been seeing her for 2 months and you've got her to go out with you on valentines day (which really can't be misinterpreted), you're basically going out with her already. Why do you feel the need to make it official so to speak?

You should kiss her on valentines day though if you haven't already. Go for a walk after a restaurant, tell her you really like her and kiss her.

Yeah how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    You want to ask her to go out with you... while you're out with her?
    hahaha this!!

ReputationRep:
    After the meal if it all goes fine and dandy.. Simply ask her what she thinks about making things exclusive.. From there you'll either be together or not. Job done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSI_HIRO)
    to whambamglam - he's already going out with her on v.day he wants to actually date date her

and doing that by a poem on v.day is seriously cheesy

to op, just tell her you like her and you wana know how she feels..be confident in yourself and the rest will follow - if she's already going out with you on v.day i think she likes you - you can move on to the next step now
    I think that was her point

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.