Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What to get post grad tutor? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For the last two years ive had a postgrad tutor whos helped me 3hours a week one2one with my work. Paid for by my LEA at £18hour.

He's not not helping me for the last 6months as my moduals dont overlap with his knowlage and someone else is taking his place.

Fell i should give him something to say thanks, just a £5 'cheers very much' token thing but wondering what to get him?

Daniel

ReputationRep:
    Bottle of wine?

ReputationRep:
    chocolates and roses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    chocolates and roses?
    Urrrm, i think your getting this thread mixed up with feb 14th threads! Im not trying to hit on him, lol. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    A card, with a note in stating... "You have had the pleasure of helping me towards passing ________. The idea that you have been in my presence for 3 hours a week for a while should be enough of a reward for you"

ReputationRep:
    A bottle of water...or maybe something related to what he taught you...like a cool object representing something he taught you. You'd have a better idea than me here.

As an example of the sort of thing I'm talking about: you'll be beyond this level, but for example if he taught you about momentum, you could get him a nice looking newton cradle.

If you can't think of anything very relevant to what he taught you, you can't go wrong with a Rubik's Cube! especially if it's an engineering type thing that he teaches (not that i have a clue what engineering involves...i'm just guessing since a rubik's cube seems sort of engineering-ish)

ReputationRep:
    Haha, loving the rubics cube idea.
    - But yeah i guess otherwise could do the card thing.
    - Proberbly over analyising this but he has helped my work a lot.

Daniel

ReputationRep:
    I'd go with alcohol, everyone likes alcohol.

*ponders the meaning of the words 'knowlage' and 'proberbly'

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.