Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to successfully shrink clothes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I made a thread a while back about how I'd managed to shrink all my clothes to a teeny size, after accidentally programming the machine to follow the wash cycle with a max-heat dry cycle (which I somehow thought I'd turned off). :facepalm:
    A lot of these clothes seem to have stayed roughly the size they shrank to.

From this, I was wondering whether anyone has actually managed to shrink their clothes, purposefully, to get a better fit.

I have a few cotton items that I'd like to fit tighter (and to perhaps be a little shorter), is it just a silly idea to try and shrink them with some kind of high-heat wash or dry cycle?

How much heat do you think would work, if it is possible?

ReputationRep:
    any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    when i went to uni, i needed to shrink all my clothes and noticed that the tumble dryer made them all about a size smaller. so if you have a tumble dryer, that could work

ReputationRep:
    i hear that people used to sit in the bath in their drainpipe jeans in the 80s to get the best fit possible

no idea how true this is lol

My friend did some kind of spell on it and then gave me a handjob as she put the clothes in the washing machine. It worked, because her clothes shrunk. Maybe you should try it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooovan*)
    when i went to uni, i needed to shrink all my clothes and noticed that the tumble dryer made them all about a size smaller. so if you have a tumble dryer, that could work
    How long did you leave them in the dryer for, can you remember? That's what I was thinking of doing.

ReputationRep:
    Haha... yes, this works. Although, i didn't need to shrink my clothes :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta_Aitch)
    My friend did some kind of spell on it and then gave me a handjob as she put the clothes in the washing machine. It worked, because her clothes shrunk. Maybe you should try it
    Does it only work with you? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    You could just put on weight :shrug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by couture_kid)
    Haha... yes, this works. Although, i didn't need to shrink my clothes :/
    Do the clothes stay the size you shrank them too? Or stretch back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdviceSeeker09)
    You could just put on weight :shrug:
    How useful.

ReputationRep:
    i find that with jeans or tops that go a bit out of shape just damp them slightly and throw them in the dryer for 10/20 mins but check regularly if possible and they go into a perfect fit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tatty_)
    i find that with jeans or tops that go a bit out of shape just damp them slightly and throw them in the dryer for 10/20 mins but check regularly if possible and they go into a perfect fit!
    Do you mean this actually makes the clothes smaller, or just gets them back into shape?

(Original post by aliluvschoc)
    Does it only work with you?
    Well, I'm not sure, but just to be safe, you should just do it with me We wouldn't want your efforts to go to waste by assuming it works with everyone.

ReputationRep:
    How long did you leave them in the dryer for, can you remember? That's what I was thinking of doing.
    hmm about 50 mins i think..

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm not sure, but just to be safe, you should just do it with me We wouldn't want your efforts to go to waste by assuming it works with everyone.
    Oh, absolutely.

ReputationRep:
    hmm about 50 mins i think..
    I guess I'll try this with maybe my least favourite shirt first then and see how it goes :teeth:

Oh, absolutely.
    :dice:

ReputationRep:
    :dice:

Thanks guys, I'll report back any disasters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurakate1988)
    i hear that people used to sit in the bath in their drainpipe jeans in the 80s to get the best fit possible

no idea how true this is lol
    My Dad told me about that. He said they sat in cold water and it was freezing all to get the jeans to be a better fit...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.