Turn on thread page Beta

Revision tapes...Do they help? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey All!!

Just wondering...do revision tapes help you remember? If so, which ones would you recommend, e.g. for biology.

Thanks

Wigman15

ReputationRep:
    None, theyre allcrap. Tried the languages bit for GCSEs, they were crap, and didnt rely on them at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wigman15)
    Hey All!!

Just wondering...do revision tapes help you remember? If so, which ones would you recommend, e.g. for biology.

Thanks

Wigman15
    no because it is tv.i would be tempted to change the channel

ReputationRep:
    Hey All!!

Thanks

Wigman15
    try cliffnotes

excellent study guides

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies.

Also, I heard that there were some which you play when you are sleeping so that the information enters your mind subconsciously. Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ i want one of those if they exist

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies.

Also, I heard that there were some which you play when you are sleeping so that the information enters your mind subconsciously. Is this true?
    As true as putting books on the pillow and hope the information goes in via osmosis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    As true as putting books on the pillow and hope the information goes in via osmosis.
    i did osmosis in bio. it was horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    i did osmosis in bio. it was horrible
    Really? We re doing that shortly - great. Isn't it to do with potatoes?

ReputationRep:
    Hey All!!

Thanks

Wigman15
    They r Good For learning things....but i beleive unless u don't actually work urself and write notes etc...u won't really remember it in long term...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Really? We re doing that shortly - great. Isn't it to do with potatoes?
    Generally all osmosis experiments in school will centre largely around potatoes, but it occurs in all plants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Generally all osmosis experiments in school will centre largely around potatoes, but it occurs in all plants.
    Yeah, plants - so boring. Who wants to know how plants photosynthesise and respire? Not me anyway, I'm not going to go into my back garden and say to my favourite petal "I know how you make food!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Yeah, plants - so boring. Who wants to know how plants photosynthesise and respire? Not me anyway, I'm not going to go into my back garden and say to my favourite petal "I know how you make food!"
    But you will do when you are about to be a botanist though!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2003
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.