Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I Love The Boy Who Broke My Self-Confidence! Watch

I've known this boy for about 6 months now. When I met him he was soooooo sweet, complimented me and I fell head over heels for him. I wasn't in love but I certainly was getting there. We talked everyyyyyday for hours on end, about nothing but it all made sense and finally i found myself in love with him. I lost my virginity to him (stupid i know) because I trusted him and thought he cared for me like i cared for him. I even TOLD him i wanted nothing but the best for him and often put his feelings before mine. After I lost my virginity to him I noticed his attitude started to change.
    We still talked for hours and had a laugh and all, but when he saw me he would ALWAYS want something, and i would say NO, but he'd get upset and ask me why i was being stupid and that there was nothing wrong with me having sex with him; and as naive as i was, it kept happening. I loved him so much that i would put his feelings before my morals and my feeling and i felt SOOO stupid afterwards, but I just wanted him to be happy. And he started to realise this. He asked me why i cared for him so much, and i didn't have an answer, all i knew is that i just did. He started to take advantage of this and whenever i said i didn't want to do something with him, he would always say "Oh, so you don't care about me anymore? or how i feel?" and He would try and make out everything to be my fault so i'd end up doing stuff again and again! He got really cocky and big headed, saying how i'd do anything for him and he knows i love him...sayin he knows i'm obsessed with him etc. Just being a total idiot.
    There was one time where he annoyed me sooo much i told him to **** off, and from there it got sour. He would verbally abuse me over the phone, call me a *****, prick, fat, whore, ugly etc critiquing my body and being REALLY horrible. I had to hang up cos i was on the verge of tease; the worse thing was, was that his cousin was in the background laughing. From then I have NEVER and will never recover. My self esteem was very low before that and he made it worse.
    I decided to ignore him and it only lasted a day. He rang me and I picked up. I asked him why he said all those horrible things to me and he said he was joking. Then he did it again, just acting like a total idiot and i blocked him off facebook. He rang me on witheld, asking why i did it, telling me to go **** myself, how i'm worthless etc. Then he rang me the next day apologising, saying that he reacted out of anger and stupidly i forgave him cos i still loved him.
    I gained some courage with a bit of help and stopped letting him swear and talk to me like he owned me. When he got rude i would hang up and he would always call again. So I did feel like i had some control cos he honestly felt he had me "on lock" - control of me. He spent time with me on my birthday for a few hours and then after that I felt myself weakening down again!
    After all the abuse he gave me you would think i would hate him, and I WANTTT to and everyone tells me after what he did to me i should dislike him but i CAN'T!! I have become a lot stronger than i was before, but I'm starting to want him even more. But Sometimes I wonder whether i still love HIM or i miss the TIMES we spent together. I want to get over him FULLY!!! I even got a new sim card to start but i can't do it! PLEASE help me! PLEASE!

ReputationRep:
    New Sim is a positive step. I find the easiest way to get over somebody is to cut contact with them, though, it does take a fair while. Just keep out of his way, and if he tried to get in contact with you, tell him to **** off.

Good Luck!

EDIT: He's a bad representative of boys/men. I promise we're not all like him

ReputationRep:
    lol, that made me laugh for some reason. Sorry, but you're just gonna have to man up and stop depending on others for your perception of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've known this boy for about 6 months now. When I met him he was soooooo sweet, complimented me and I fell head over heels for him. I wasn't in love but I certainly was getting there. We talked everyyyyyday for hours on end, about nothing but it all made sense and finally i found myself in love with him. I lost my virginity to him (stupid i know) because I trusted him and thought he cared for me like i cared for him. I even TOLD him i wanted nothing but the best for him and often put his feelings before mine. After I lost my virginity to him I noticed his attitude started to change.
    We still talked for hours and had a laugh and all, but when he saw me he would ALWAYS want something, and i would say NO, but he'd get upset and ask me why i was being stupid and that there was nothing wrong with me having sex with him; and as naive as i was, it kept happening. I loved him so much that i would put his feelings before my morals and my feeling and i felt SOOO stupid afterwards, but I just wanted him to be happy. And he started to realise this. He asked me why i cared for him so much, and i didn't have an answer, all i knew is that i just did. He started to take advantage of this and whenever i said i didn't want to do something with him, he would always say "Oh, so you don't care about me anymore? or how i feel?" and He would try and make out everything to be my fault so i'd end up doing stuff again and again! He got really cocky and big headed, saying how i'd do anything for him and he knows i love him...sayin he knows i'm obsessed with him etc. Just being a total idiot.
    There was one time where he annoyed me sooo much i told him to **** off, and from there it got sour. He would verbally abuse me over the phone, call me a *****, prick, fat, whore, ugly etc critiquing my body and being REALLY horrible. I had to hang up cos i was on the verge of tease; the worse thing was, was that his cousin was in the background laughing. From then I have NEVER and will never recover. My self esteem was very low before that and he made it worse.
    I decided to ignore him and it only lasted a day. He rang me and I picked up. I asked him why he said all those horrible things to me and he said he was joking. Then he did it again, just acting like a total idiot and i blocked him off facebook. He rang me on witheld, asking why i did it, telling me to go **** myself, how i'm worthless etc. Then he rang me the next day apologising, saying that he reacted out of anger and stupidly i forgave him cos i still loved him.
    I gained some courage with a bit of help and stopped letting him swear and talk to me like he owned me. When he got rude i would hang up and he would always call again. So I did feel like i had some control cos he honestly felt he had me "on lock" - control of me. He spent time with me on my birthday for a few hours and then after that I felt myself weakening down again!
    After all the abuse he gave me you would think i would hate him, and I WANTTT to and everyone tells me after what he did to me i should dislike him but i CAN'T!! I have become a lot stronger than i was before, but I'm starting to want him even more. But Sometimes I wonder whether i still love HIM or i miss the TIMES we spent together. I want to get over him FULLY!!! I even got a new sim card to start but i can't do it! PLEASE help me! PLEASE!
    if u dont mind me asking..how old r u?..for real....u have to be careful with this situation..and i am really sorry...becos this idiot took ur virginity..how old r u?

(Original post by Corrosive Blossom)
    New Sim is a positive step. I find the easiest way to get over somebody is to cut contact with them, though, it does take a fair while. Just keep out of his way, and if he tried to get in contact with you, tell him to **** off.

Good Luck!

EDIT: He's a bad representative of boys/men. I promise we're not all like him
    Yesss I just changed it. I don't wanna get too friendly with him anymore.

(Original post by int_applicant)
    if u dont mind me asking..how old r u?..for real....u have to be careful with this situation..and i am really sorry...becos this idiot took ur virginity..how old r u?
    16 but it all started when i was 15

I know I'm gonna get slaughtered but i need to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry darling everyone makes mistakes, ive had guys like this in the past who were great at emotional blackmail and manipulation. Just let it go an try and move on, there is someone really special out there for you who wont make you feel like he did!

ReputationRep:
    16 but it all started when i was 15

I know I'm gonna get slaughtered but i need to be honest.
    no..sweetie..i will not slaughter u..i will actually give u good advice......i am sorry about the predicament u are going thru..how old is this guy?

ReputationRep:
    omg OP im totally in you postion except on me losing my virginity to him besides that i understand its hard. i had some one in my life whom treated me like an angel etc soon enough come our first argument i saw the true side of him he yelled at me swore at me and even accused me of sayin that 'i look good with his best m8'. once i ignored him because he knew that i was upset since he stared flirting with my aunts m8s he came back running to me yet i forgave him, on my birthday he made me cry yet i forgave him, then the other day when he accused me of saying that i look good with his m8 when i fact i did not say such it was his mate who said that, it got to me so much. I still love him because one thing about love is that you put them before yourself. i did so much for him lost all my friends for him everything just so that he could be happy, cared for him, allowed him to take a spin with my car whenever he felt like to, now i have not talked to him for 5 days now, it hurts and pains me everyday and funny thing is that his the one admitted his feelings for me yet did not act upon it. its hard and you know what were better off to be honest, the more we go running back to them the more it feeds their egos. best way is to ignore these people just so that they get the message and they will maybe not today maybe not tomorrow but one day and it will hurt them so much!

(Original post by Tatty_)
    I wouldn't worry darling everyone makes mistakes, ive had guys like this in the past who were great at emotional blackmail and manipulation. Just let it go an try and move on, there is someone really special out there for you who wont make you feel like he did!

Thank you, Tatty! because i feel like a slut sometimes for doing what i did and I don't wanna get caught up in it again! every time i confronted him he'd get upset then get upset when i told him i couldn't talk to him....so u know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tatty_)
    ^^This.

Don't blame yourself. You couldn't have known how it would turn out and by then you were in too deep.

Stay strong and sever all ties. You will meet someone much better x

(Original post by int_applicant)
    no..sweetie..i will not slaughter u..i will actually give u good advice......i am sorry about the predicament u are going thru..how old is this guy?
    He's 15 and he's going to turn 16 in 4 months!
    he's really immature as well.

(Original post by dictator)
    omg OP im totally in you postion except on me losing my virginity to him besides that i understand its hard. i had some one in my life whom treated me like an angel etc soon enough come our first argument i saw the true side of him he yelled at me swore at me and even accused me of sayin that 'i look good with his best m8'. once i ignored him because he knew that i was upset since he stared flirting with my aunts m8s he came back running to me yet i forgave him, on my birthday he made me cry yet i forgave him, then the other day when he accused me of saying that i look good with his m8 when i fact i did not say such it was his mate who said that, it got to me so much. I still love him because one thing about love is that you put them before yourself. i did so much for him lost all my friends for him everything just so that he could be happy, cared for him, allowed him to take a spin with my car whenever he felt like to, now i have not talked to him for 5 days now, it hurts and pains me everyday and funny thing is that his the one admitted his feelings for me yet did not act upon it. its hard and you know what were better off to be honest, the more we go running back to them the more it feeds their egos. best way is to ignore these people just so that they get the message and they will maybe not today maybe not tomorrow but one day and it will hurt them so much!
    Yeahhh I don't wanna run back to him at all! Thank you, but its so hardd!

ReputationRep:
    He's 15 and he's going to turn 16 in 4 months!
    he's really immature as well.

Dangggg...15!!!!!!!! this is a tough one..okay..let me give u the best advice I can......

Look this guy is 15,...so, number one , he is apparently immature.....there are a couple of possibilities....maybe he likes u but he is insecure in himself....because for him to make those kinds of hurtful comments, it means he is probably very insecure in himself.......number two, If i were u, i will not place too much emphasis on the relationship...I am certain, he doesn't even know what he is doing...look, keep an open mind...dont get mad if the relationship doesnt work...he is young....!!! he doesn't know what he is doing...the dilemma is that he is too young to be serious but not too young to have sex. ( i hope this makes sense)....so pls dont equate the sex with the strength or authenticity of ur relationship....this is what i will call "puppy love".......the fact that u guys had sex doesnt mean there is love in the relationship...

I am so sorry....i know u cant change things...so u just have to accept the fact that u already had sex with him...it doesnt matter........if he is abusive, then u definitely have to be strong and stay away from him...let him know he is a jerk ...if he begs, take him back but DONT HAVE SEX WITH HIM AGAIN.........does this help?...or better still dont take him back and if u know u cant be friends with him, then cut if off totally......:o:

ReputationRep:
    Just stay strong listen to everyones advice dont let him think he 'owns' you, its not your fault and you are most certainly not a slut he is just an idiot!

ReputationRep:
    This is proof...girls love the guys that treat them like *****es.
    It's a shame really, it's your forgiving nature and your ability to be blinded by feelings is what puts you in this predicament.

ReputationRep:
    haha was that aimed at me? no i just dont want this poor girl to think shes a slut when she's not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    This is proof...girls love the guys that treat them like *****es.
    It's a shame really, it's your forgiving nature and your ability to be blinded by feelings is what puts you in this predicament.
    Can i just put it into perspective that this girl is 16 years old and is not exactly a perfect correspondent for the entire female gender. I dont believe that all girls like being treated like *****es at all i think that they like a strong man who will not always give in to them and is their own person.

Bad guys are best etc is not always true, its just that alot of blokes dont have the backbone or experience to know what a woman wants.

ReputationRep:
    i dont understand this whole mean guys attractive thing

ReputationRep:
    Okay mean guys are attractive ... but not That mean!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.