Turn on thread page Beta

Importance of A level Choices... watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 11. I have actually selected and entered my sixth form application to my school already but I have now, briefly re-considered my choices.

I have always thought I would like to do economics or business at university like LSE or Oxbridge. I do enjoy business studies and have always enjoyed making money, then again who doesn't.

So I chose my A levels I liked but also so they suited economics/PPE/Business at Uni. I eventually came up with the choice of Modern History, Spanish, Maths, Economics.

During my decision process I did consider taking philosophy, which is my reserve A level, biology and chemistry.

My current change of mood may be a flitting feeling, but what if I start/finish my A levels and decide... "Hmmm I want to study Quantum physics, or genetics, or physical chemistry". How would I be able to if I haven't studied the sciences at A level?

Just quickly retyping all my possible subjects that I would consider taking for A Level...

Mathematics,
    Chemistry,
    Biology,
    Philosophy,
    Economics,
    Spanish,
    History,

It is late If I did decide to change, but to be honest... I think this is higly important since it will have a large impact upon my future career.

Could anyone offer advice about this? Anything and everything would help.

To let you all know, I've always been good at sciences, I love to read about philosophy, history of thought. I have been good at maths since I was young and lastly I love to speak and learn about spanish! AHHHH!

ReputationRep:
    What about:

Maths
    Chem
    Economics
    Spanish

If you feel up to it, you could do something like physics/philosophy/biology @ AS or do another A2. You're choice really.

ReputationRep:
    What are your predicted GCSE grades?
    and check out the economics forum...

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.