Turn on thread page Beta

Male: Classic model features, except eyes! watch

I've been told by a number of people that I have great features, a great nose, great lips, great defined chin. I get a lot of stares from the ladies and even men, which I don't mind at all, but as soon as I stare at them they're put off! I've noticed that I am conventionally very good-looking too, except for my eyes. I've got ptosis! I can hide the ptosis in photos if i try REALLY hard, but often than not, I can't!

I'd like to be a part-time model, so does anyone have advice on how to fix the ptosis, or what should I do about the ptosis, or any consollation would be very helpful.

Thanks for reading and this isn't an 'ego boost' thread, hence I haven't posted a photo and am anonymous.

By 'stare' above, i really meant 'glance'. :p:

ReputationRep:
    It depends how bad your ptosis is. You say you can only hide it if you try 'REALLY' hard, perhaps you shouldn't set your sights on being a model? Wouldn't it just make you more paranoid about it?

ReputationRep:
    Is your ptosis in one of your eyes or both? Because it's a bit easier to cover up if it's both eyes. I suppose it even depends on how bad it is on the eyes.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Just looked ptosis up on wikipedia because I didn't know what it was...is it as bad as it makes out...if so shouldn't you be seeing a doctor about it?
    If not and it's purely an aesthetic thing then it depends how easily you can see it and how noticeable it is...if you can easily disguise it without taking up too much time it shouldn't make too much difference...if it's really noticeable and takes you ages to conceal it it may be more of an issue I'd imagine...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been told by a number of people that I have great features, a great nose, great lips, great defined chin. I get a lot of stares from the ladies and even men, which I don't mind at all, but as soon as I stare at them they're put off! I've noticed that I am conventionally very good-looking too, except for my eyes. I've got ptosis! I can hide the ptosis in photos if i try REALLY hard, but often than not, I can't!

I'd like to be a part-time model, so does anyone have advice on how to fix the ptosis, or what should I do about the ptosis, or any consollation would be very helpful.

Thanks for reading and this isn't an 'ego boost' thread, hence I haven't posted a photo and am anonymous.
    Obviously it depends on how bad your ptosis is, but some models find raising an eyebrow (even ever so slightly) in pictures can help. It's all about creating an illusion and playing with your angles as most modelss have flaws but can hide them by little tricks.

A few pointers about posing and illusions created:

1. Moving something away from the camera makes it appear smaller - In your case you could move your normal eye away from the camera to give the illusion of your ptosis eye being more open.

2. Play with what you've got - I said about raising your eyebrow over your ptosis eye, but you could also squint the other eye slightly to even them out and create a "bedroom eye".

Good luck!

Get some glasses, take out the lenses & replace them with some white plastic or cardboard & use a marker pen to dot in a 'pupil' & hey presto! You'll look like a retard.

ReputationRep:
    Don't models usually get found? All of the people I know that have done it were just asked at random.

ReputationRep:
    pics or gtfo

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.