Turn on thread page Beta

What's Your Definition of A "****" watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who dresses promiscuously to attract sexual attention from the opposite gender and has slept with a few people...and wouldn't have any qualms about sleeping with even more.

I only want to sleep with one person and I don't understand why people would want to undermine the value of it...meh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Sure okay. I should let you know though, I'm a **** according to this thread.
    Open marriage?

I'm down with that :p:

ReputationRep:
    No such thing, it's just a meaningless insult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    As for girls who want to be 'sexually dominant', who's stopping them
    A society that will call them a ****, their friends look down on them, their family punish them? Also the added risk of some self-important ******** thinking 'I like sex' means 'I want sex now, with you' and putting her in danger, because she was 'asking for it'.

ReputationRep:
    You mean "c u next tuesday". I didnt think anything in my post that implied I looked down on you.
    However, I think you're a little confused. You say you wanted to be with a girl who shared the same thoughts on monogamy. Well a girl can still be monogamous and have slept with a considerable number of men.
    Whoops lol :p: You're right, I meant tuesday.

And this was the key part that I wanted to share with her "I just wanted to evade a modern youth culture of decadence, hedonism and meaninglessness". If she'd had a deep and meaningful relationship with each one of those guys, I'd be more inclined to forget it, but c'mon...let's be pragmatic here.

My girlfriend is a Christian (I'm not) and I really respect and value her beliefs and life style, even though they aren't the same as mine and that's one of the things I love about her, her purity. You can criticise that if you like, but this certainly wasn't about me trying to 'dominate' her.

ReputationRep:
    Isnt that the whole point of opinion-sharing though? Second-guessing and challenging them?
    Challenging them, absolutely. Yes.

But second guessing, not really. I would say its fair to attack someone's position if you actually understand where they're coming from, but to criticise someone on their intentions/morals because of a surface-level definition "****" when you haven't listened do the person's side of the story.

I'm just saying it's a little early to be condescending. Ask him a question that invites your dilemma, and if he falls into the trap, THEN you can look down on him for it lol. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmarainbow)
    A society that will call them a ****, their friends look down on them, their family punish them? Also the added risk of some self-important ******** thinking 'I like sex' means 'I want sex now, with you' and putting her in danger, because she was 'asking for it'.
    Life is hard. Girls need to deal with it. Trust me, I know plenty of girls who have sex with anything that moves and they didn't have too much difficulty.

And hey, it's a free country. I can call anyone I like a ****. (doesn't mean I will), but the I'm allowed to reserve my judgement. No one is physically stopping girls from being sexually dominant.

Sheesh...feminists.

ReputationRep:
    A girl who likes sex and knows how to get it.

Disgusting whores.

I've never had sex, but when I do I plan to lie there like a corpse, grit my teeth and think of Scottish devolution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    I think it's someone who sleeps around and around and around. Basically, a free prostitute.
    How are they a free prostitute if they enjoy it and pick their partner based on their own sexual attraction to them?

You make no sense woman.

ReputationRep:
    a dutty gyal widda bargain bucket

ReputationRep:
    Claire.

ReputationRep:
    ****: The more or less completely fused and vitrified matter separated during the reduction of a metal from its ore :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Someone who cheats on their partner.

That's about it - if someone enjoys lots of sex and has lots of sex with lots of different people, but does it RESPONSIBLY (uses protection) and HONESTLY (no cheatings), then it's fair play.

It annoys me when people label other people as ****s just because they like sex, and it is proof to me that the labeller is frustrated at either getting none, or just being insecure in their identity and/or sexuality.

Sex is natural and good, and it's only virginal prudish twits who think it's wrong, or dirty, or impure, to partake of it.

I've never heard a good argument justifying WHY lots of sex is wrong (provided it's done responsibly and honestly), EVER.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    I think it's someone who sleeps around and around and around. Basically, a free prostitute.
    It sounds like you are criticizing girls who don't charge. I suppose i'm lucky all my sexual experiences with girls have been 'freebies'; my income is quite low, if every girl started charging i'd be ****** (or not in this case). With the current financial climate who knows?

(Original post by Deadly Lightshade)
    A girl who likes sex and knows how to get it.

Disgusting whores.

I've never had sex, but when I do I plan to lie there like a corpse, grit my teeth and think of Scottish devolution.
    PM ME - I hate it when girls succumb to the myth that they can enjoy sex too - YOU ARE JUST KIDDING YOURSELVES

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Jammy_Witch)
    Someone who cheats on their partner.

That's about it - if someone enjoys lots of sex and has lots of sex with lots of different people, but does it RESPONSIBLY (uses protection) and HONESTLY (no cheatings), then it's fair play.

It annoys me when people label other people as ****s just because they like sex, and it is proof to me that the labeller is frustrated at either getting none, or just being insecure in their identity and/or sexuality.

Sex is natural and good, and it's only virginal prudish twits who think it's wrong, or dirty, or impure, to partake of it.

I've never heard a good argument justifying WHY lots of sex is wrong (provided it's done responsibly and honestly), EVER.
    There never has been one. And if it wasnt for sex no one would have their morals and rules and labels in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Hate this word!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    any woman who sleeps with more than 1 man a year

seriously?? u moron

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    Life is hard. Girls need to deal with it.
    I AM dealing with it. I'm working to make life easier for people.

I'm not going to look the other way when I see injustice. I'm going to do something.

I don't see how that makes me a bad person. It just annoys people who don't like having their views/opinions/judgements challenged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessLK)
    seriously?? u moron
    Moron (bacteriophage): an extra gene in prophage genomes that do not have a phage function in the lysogenic cycle

He is a gene? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmarainbow)
    I AM dealing with it. I'm working to make life easier for people.

I'm not going to look the other way when I see injustice. I'm going to do something.

I don't see how that makes me a bad person. It just annoys people who don't like having their views/opinions/judgements challenged.
    lol...'injustice'.

I don't see how using the word '****' to describe someone is an 'injustice'. Yes, it's a cheap term and a disparaging comment, but so what. There are plenty of terms like that across the board.

And I never said you were a bad person. Jeez, relax woman :/

Oh, and I'm also up for having my views or opinions challenged. Bring it on :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.