ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luuucyx)
    oh ****, you found this thread.
    im sure you'll know who its about :o:
    does it start with an r?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kara_Adams)
    Hardly funny though is it??
    It made me laugh =P I think he was being ironic to be honest, which would mean he's actually supporting your argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetnesspink)
    THIS. It really disgusts me when I see women calling other women ****s (/whores or sluts!). It's bad enough that men use those words.
    Personally, I can only think of one male friend specifically who calls girls ****s - he's a bit weird though (but definitely gets laid more than the rest of us :banghead: ). The rest of my males friends are hesitant or just plain against using the term. Female friends though, it's 50/50.

I would say it's because, if anything, the guys (and myself) have had more issues with girls trying to conform to a ridiculous standard of some kind of sexual 'purity' which is just...well annoying - it'd be great if the default position of a lot of girls when it comes to sex wasn't that it is something to be 'given up' under special circumstances (i.e. every sexual act needs to be some how morally justified), rather than simply enjoyed responsibly.

I remember my last ex getting frustrated with me, when she decided (half-jokingly) she was going to deny me sex for something I did, and I was pretty non-fussed about it - she had gotten way too comfortable using sex as a form of control in previous relationships and the personality behind that attitude is partly what ended our relationship. I mean, how am I supposed to enjoy sex with someone who doesn't seem to care too much about enjoying it, but abusing it?

As for the girls, well no surprise - the girls who seem to use the term ****/whore etc with ease are the ones that basically see sex as this magically wonderful thing, get utterly infactuated with their boyfriends to the point of controlling, insecure jealous behaviour and happily pull randoms on a night out, but get stupidly embarrased if not ashamed if it is ever brought up or pointed out, with the excuse that it was the alcohol that made them do it.

Ok, that all sounds a bit specific, but i'm just trying to paint a general picture of my experience of the use the term.

ReputationRep:
    Someone who has slept around a lot and is regarded as " easy".

ReputationRep:
    any girl called stacey

ReputationRep:
    A woman u c in the coffee shop, wink at her she winks back, u go into the toilets for a quickie, no conversation just sex

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I think even the term "****" is riddled with double standard and offensive. Very few people would speak about a male in the same way if they were perceived to sleep around a lot, which is a hypocritical value of our society. A man can sleep with several women, sometimes at once, and be regarded on the whole as someone with positive connotations - a "stud" or a "player", yet when a similar case is seen with a woman, they will be labelled "slut", "****", "whore"...the names go on.
    I see the term "****" as a mindset more than anything. I would probably think badly on anyone, regardless of gender, who showed no respect for themselves, or others, in their sexual choices. If someone was taking sexual risks constantly , cheating on anyone or stepping on anyone else in their choice of partner, causing hurt.

Other than that, whatever makes the rest of us feel uncomfortable or insecure, as long as someone is happy, healthy, and not hurting anyone else mentally or physically through their sexuality, there really shouldn't be anything to comment on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Igor00)
    You only have to look at the vast majority of H&R to see why this is the case - too many 'men' are insecure pussies with low self-esteem. Instead of dealing with this themselves and realising that they are the one with the problem, they like to project this neediness onto other people. See: Nice Guys.

If they find out that their significant other has slept with X amount of guys before him, he suddenly can't help but wonder how he compares to everyone else. There is also the fact that a sexually experienced girl no doubt has a better idea about what she likes and what gets her off. This means the insecure needy pussy can't slack off when it comes to sex.

I'd also say that insecure needy pussies don't like thinking that other guys have been with that they incorrectly see as 'their' girl.
    While guys may worry about pleasing their girlfriends and how well they do compare to others, that's not an intimidation factor. And it certainly bears no relation to how most men are revolted by women who sleep around.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.