Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I applied for student finance a week or two ago. The status is 'awaiting information from your parents'.

    However nothing has come through the post (i selected the paper copy for parents to complete when I registered). All i've received is a Disabled Students Allowance form.

    Do they post out the form for my parents? I did register my mum online but when entering my ALIAS ID, it comes up saying ''incorrect alias ID or DOB'' when it is correct.

    Also, the Disabled Students Allowance form seas I need to send in a medical statement. Do I have to make an appointment with my GP to get one of these?

    Sorry, I am still learning how student finance works and am already a little stressed over it. :yes:

    yes they do send the forms out but it can take several weeks. The DSA statement may need to be from a consultant depending on how you qualify for DSA. If it is for dyslexia it will need to be from a psychologist.
    I presume you have downloaded Bridging the Gap. If not it is here
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.