Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

'Come Dine With Me' styled dinner parties. watch

ReputationRep:
    A few friends and I are doing a set of 'Come Dine With Me' styled parties, exactly like the TV show (where you make your own food -even the pastry for your tart-, mark the evening, 3 course meal, you know the works) and I really can't wait to do it.

I was wondering if any of you have done that kind of thing before?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't, but that sound like so much fun!
    Well, except for the marking thingy anyway, I think that is the only thing that could turn the evenings from a quality night in with friends to a tension filled evening (particularly if you and your friends are super competitive a la Monica from Friends).

Good luck, I'm sure it will be great!

ReputationRep:
    I have!! really fun it got so competitive though!
    also people weren't used to cooking so we ate pretttttttty late i was SO hungry

ReputationRep:
    wow what a great idea, but without the *****iness, backstabbing, looking at other peoples houses, judging how messy they are, jealousy, cash prize, voting, and hilarious narrator, its just a ordinary dinner party in a row.

ReputationRep:
    Me and some friends have, yup. My meal was pretty bad though because I can't really cook, but I don't mind because the rest of them are really good cooks so I get some nice meals out of it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee_Kid)
    I haven't, but that sound like so much fun!
    Well, except for the marking thingy anyway, I think that is the only thing that could turn the evenings from a quality night in with friends to a tension filled evening (particularly if you and your friends are super competitive a la Monica from Friends).

Good luck, I'm sure it will be great!
    Haha thanks! Don't think I'll do well though. I have 6 dishes in total and I've never cooked before. You should do it some time. I'm just really excited lol. And I myself am quite Monica so I'm bound to have a few friends like that too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numberone-outkast)
    wow what a great idea, but without the *****iness, backstabbing, looking at other peoples houses, judging how messy they are, jealousy, cash prize, voting, and hilarious narrator, its just a ordinary dinner party in a row.
    Well you can still vote and give out prizes, and judge your friends flats so it's still fun.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friends did this last summer! We even filmed it, haha.. not the whole making of the food bit, but over dinner and getting marks etc. Such a fun time, we'd defs do it all again :]
    Best part was trying to pretend we were all strangers for the first day, it was hilarious. We were also originally all going to chip in a fiver/tenner for the winner to get at the end but that never came into fruition ^^;

ReputationRep:
    All of us are friends and we are just doing it for a laugh so its fine. Besides we are laying some ground rules for the whole looking round the house thing and we are thinking of a narator too. And we are filming it too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by βored)
    Well you can still vote and give out prizes, and judge your friends flats so it's still fun.
    ahh then you can *****iness, and back stabbing to the list aswell, sounds great now (not being sarcastic).

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to do this None of my friends are interested though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eeriikaa)
    Me and my friends did this last summer! We even filmed it, haha.. not the whole making of the food bit, but over dinner and getting marks etc. Such a fun time, we'd defs do it all again :]
    Best part was trying to pretend we were all strangers for the first day, it was hilarious. We were also originally all going to chip in a fiver/tenner for the winner to get at the end but that never came into fruition ^^;
    We are doing just that lol! Not the 'i don't know you' thing though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    All of us are friends and we are just doing it for a laugh so its fine. Besides we are laying some ground rules for the whole looking round the house thing and we are thinking of a narator too. And we are filming it too!
    yeah you don't want people going through your "things", i remember watching one come dine with me episode where the group found a "toy" on one of the women's dinner party how embarrassing must that be, not saying have a "toy" but you know what i mean.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a good idea. I've always loved the show, and cooking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    I'd love to do this None of my friends are interested though
    i think that is a polite way of your friends saying your cooking kinda................

ReputationRep:
    yeah you don't want people going through your "things", i remember watching one come dine with me episode where the group found a "toy" on one of the women's dinner party how embarrassing must that be, not saying have a "toy" but you know what i mean.
    I watched that too!!! I know what you mean though...it can be dodgy when people snoop through personal stuff. And there is the whole parents rooms thing as well...

ReputationRep:
    We are doing just that lol! Not the 'i don't know you' thing though
    Oh, it was so funny.. I got to my best friend's house on the first night and you completely forget you're meant to be strangers, haha. This happened instead;

"Oh hi, nice to meet you! You look like.. you're.. Filipina?"
    "I am! So do you!"

I don't think that was edited out, so I look like an idiot on the film because my best friend is infact white xD

ReputationRep:
    I watched that too!!! I know what you mean though...it can be dodgy when people snoop through personal stuff. And there is the whole parents rooms thing as well...
    yeah are you "come dine with me" fanatic too i know i am, you just know that wont end well, well be fun looking through other friends parents room's though (sometimes even i am ashamed of myself).

ReputationRep:
    yeah are you "come dine with me" fanatic too i know i am, you just know that wont end well, well be fun looking through other friends parents room's though (sometimes even i am ashamed of myself).
    I think there is going to be a 'No entry to parents and siblings rooms' rule and I may put post it notes in my room but I suppose it's part and parcel of the whole think. I absolutely ADORE 'Come Dine With Me' and as do my friends so we are trying to stick to the format as much as possible. I think we were even going to record our reactions to the menu, I shudder to think what they'd say to mine because I'm doing a very Italian-Indiany menu. And I've never cooked before. I asked them to bring a bag of crisps along or something just in case my menu epic fails on the night. :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eeriikaa)
    OT but I love your sig. Becketts soo hot :woo:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.