Student Bank account Watch

New Username
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi,

I am applying to SF England. I read the wiki page on student finance.

I already have a visa card from Halifax. I was wondering what exactly are the advantages of having the student bank account?

I can understand you are entitled to overdraft and you get free goodies and offers, but is it compulsory for me to have a student bank account to apply to student finance?

Thanks in advance
βored
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No, you don't have to have a student account to have a student loan. There's probably other advantages to having one though.
IsThisLife???
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by New Username)
Hi,

I am applying to SF England. I read the wiki page on student finance.

I already have a visa card from Halifax. I was wondering what exactly are the advantages of having the student bank account?

I can understand you are entitled to overdraft and you get free goodies and offers, but is it compulsory for me to have a student bank account to apply to student finance?

Thanks in advance
It is not compulsory for student finance at all.
The advantages are what you have listed, mainly the interest free overdraft, which at Halifax is £3,000 all the way up until a year after you have left Uni.
heidigirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This question has been asked lots of times. No, you don't HAVE to have a student account for your student loans.

It would be silly if you did as some people aren't eligible for student accounts (I won't be able to get one because I haven't lived in the UK for the last three years). Advantages are pretty much just an overdraft and free goodies like you said.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (882)
90.74%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (90)
9.26%

Watched Threads