Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OK..so..I feel there are very few people that like the kind of music that I listen to and it kinda freaks me out...Does anyone like soft rock..?..especially those in the 70s and 80s?...So I guess the following will fall under that group

Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough
    UP WHERE WE BELONG - JOE COCKER AND JENNIFER WARNES
    Foreigner-I Want to Know What Love Is
    Heart - These Dreams (1985)
    Journey - Faithfully
    REO Speedwagon 'Can't Fight This Feeling'
    Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart
    Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry (1982)

I have all these in my playlist right now..and I love them....does anyone like this type of music?

ReputationRep:

I totally love this tune.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how you define soft rock; I'm guessing simply classic rock, which is pretty 'soft' to today's standards.

Try listening to

The Kinks
    The Animals
    Lynyrd Syknyrd
    Pink Floyd

Edit: Since you were specific with songs, I'll be a little specific with these groups, but don't limit them to just these songs, there are many more too - many metal and hard rock bands offer 'soft rock' songs too, or ballads, only usually one or two, but 95% of the time they are awesome.

The Kinks - Lola
    The Animals - The House of the Rising Sun
    Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man
    Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben F)
    I don't know how you define soft rock; I'm guessing simply classic rock, which is pretty 'soft' to today's standards.

Try listening to

The Kinks
    The Animals
    Lynyrd Syknyrd
    Pink Floyd

Edit: Since you were specific with songs, I'll be a little specific with these groups, but don't limit them to just these songs, there are many more too - many metal and hard rock bands offer 'soft rock' songs too, or ballads, only usually one or two, but 95% of the time they are awesome.

The Kinks - Lola

yes..i suppose u can call them soft classic rock?..i am not really a pink floyd fan...and honestly, i dont know any of the others u have mentioned...but I am about to listen to them though

ReputationRep:
    Yea Lynyrd Skynyrd are great. Free Bird and and Tuesdays Gone are also good(amongst others)

ReputationRep:
    yeah i like that sort of stuff - i don't know really the difference between all the different types of rock, i just likes me rock n roll - anything with guitars as long as it isn't metal - just shouting

I love the Kinks/the Beatles/Lynyrd Skynyrd/Elvis Costello - think that's all soft rock - haha

mainly into the blues at the moment, love Eric Clapton - i know that's not soft rock though

ReputationRep:
    The Who :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Thin Lizzy are a hard rock band but they do have some good softer songs too:

From Thin Lizzy album: Dublin
    Bad Reputation: Southbound and Dancing in the Moonlight
    Black Rose: Sarah
    Chinatown: Didn't I
    Fighting: Wild One
    Jailbreak: Running Back, Cowboy Song and Fight or Fall
    Nightlife: Still in Love with You

Sorry but I try to pigeonhole Thin Lizzy into any thread I can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben F)

Try listening to

The Kinks
    The Animals
    Lynyrd Syknyrd
    Pink Floyd

The Kinks - Lola
    OK..i have to confess...I am not sure if I like the list...However, I see myself listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man..it seem kinda mellow......I suppose the list I had initially is sort of a classic version of songs like that?..I dont know.....but do u listen to songs like the one I wrote initially?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by int_applicant)
    OK..i have to confess...I am not sure if I like the list...However, I see myself listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man..it seem kinda mellow......I suppose the list I had initially is sort of a classic version of songs like that?..I dont know.....but do u listen to songs like the one I wrote initially?
    'fraid I don't really listen to any of the ones you listed - although I do like a few songs by Journey, and that's about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by int_applicant)
    OK..so..I feel there are very few people that like the kind of music that I listen to and it kinda freaks me out...Does anyone like soft rock..?..especially those in the 70s and 80s?...So I guess the following will fall under that group

Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough
    UP WHERE WE BELONG - JOE COCKER AND JENNIFER WARNES
    Foreigner-I Want to Know What Love Is
    Journey - Faithfully
    REO Speedwagon 'Can't Fight This Feeling'
    Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry (1982)

I have all these in my playlist right now..and I love them....does anyone like this type of music?

To everyone, I suppose what I am asking is that, if you were to have a playlist would you have these songs on there?

ReputationRep:
    Both are modern bands and used to be or had members in heavy bands but Anathema and Aeon Spoke might interest you.

ReputationRep:
    I like the sort of music you describe in your first post O.P.

I seriously recommend the following 'soft rock' records, they're some of the tracks I've really been enjoying recently and I don't think you'll be disappointed;

Everywhere - Fleetwood Mac;
    Romeo and Juliet - Dire Straits;
    How Deep Is Your Love - Bee Gees;
    Africa - Toto;
    True Colours - Cindi Lauper.

Try those on for size buddy!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.