Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OMG, ive just agreed to meet up with a girl that i dont know tomorrow with the view of potentially becoming her housemate for next year. Its going to be so weird, like a blind date i guess but not. lol

ReputationRep:
    Are you mates with her mates or is she a complete stranger? How did you find out about each other?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It'll be fine Just don't feel pressured into making a decision if you need time to think about it.

ReputationRep:
    Relax, I'm meeting 3 on monday.

ReputationRep:
    I signed up to live with some complete strangers this year after briefly meeting one of them and it worked out about as awesomely as possible (ie. pretty awesome) so stay positive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manwithaplan)
    Are you mates with her mates or is she a complete stranger? How did you find out about each other?
    nope she is a complete stranger, i replied to an advert on our union website - her and 2 of her firends need an extra person to live with next year, and i need a house so....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    i met a right weirdo doing that sort of thing.
    thanks made me feel so much better :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoombini)
    nope she is a complete stranger, i replied to an advert on our union website - her and 2 of her firends need an extra person to live with next year, and i need a house so....
    Well then it could be great, could be bad, unfortunatly we don't know. I have two offers for flatmates at the moment, one with this guy in my halls and two people he knows although I don't know them that well they seem like alright people there just seems to be some awkwardness, we're housing hunting at the moment, or I could go with a mate of mine from a society but, his starting his masters next year so I don't know how much free time he'll have. I'm also meeting his house mates tommorow.

Good luck

I did that last year we had each others emails so I looked at her facebook page so I knew what she looked like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo)
    I did that last year we had each others emails so I looked at her facebook page so I knew what she looked like.
    Yeh, we've both added each other and have probablly just spent the last few minutes analysing each others profiles and judging each other lol

ReputationRep:
    Goodluck (:

ReputationRep:
    You should start an argument with her when you see her then after see how you get on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anoneemous)
    You should start an argument with her when you see her then after see how you get on
    I lolled, but yes thats a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMV)
    I lolled, but yes thats a good idea.
    how in any way shape or form is that a good idea?

ReputationRep:
    If you are going to be living with someone small talk isn't going to help you an argument will tell you a lot more about the person during and after the argument, so how is it not a good idea?

ReputationRep:
    how in any way shape or form is that a good idea?
    Because you'll learn more about how you'll get on with the person, you will argue with them, ofcourse you wil.

ReputationRep:
    I see nothing wrong with it - I think perhaps a good idea would be get to know her prior to living with her and see where that takes you.

All the best.

ReputationRep:
    I only knew one bloke out of the three I'll be living with next year, prior to signing the contract, but I'm really looking forward to it

Oh, and my boyfriend only met one bloke he'd be living with out of SIX for this year - one guy was coming from Bolivia, so he didn't even have the chance, and his house is amazing

ReputationRep:
    Yeh im sure she'll be lovely but how many times do you think we should meet up before i decide to sign, because im sure we'll need to do it fairly soon so not one else gets it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh im sure she'll be lovely but how many times do you think we should meet up before i decide to sign, because im sure we'll need to do it fairly soon so not one else gets it.
    2-3, maybe try and organize a night out or something...?

(Original post by psychocustard)
    I only knew one bloke out of the three I'll be living with next year, prior to signing the contract, but I'm really looking forward to it

Oh, and my boyfriend only met one bloke he'd be living with out of SIX for this year - one guy was coming from Bolivia, so he didn't even have the chance, and his house is amazing
    I'm meeting 3 other girls who want to house share with me and my friend on monday, should be interesting.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.