Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Well my girlfriend and I had a bit of a falling out and she texted me saying she needed a couple of days to just cool down a bit and, you know, think and stuff. So fair enough and I've let her and not contacted her AT ALL but it's been 5 days now and I'm a bit worried.

Ok, it's not been that long but she said a couple and it's been 5 days. I'm not sure if she expects me to begin talking to her again or if she'll make the initial contact. Usually she's quite shy and let's me take the initiative on things like this which I would but I don't really want to because I might pressure/force her into starting to talk to me when she hasn't had her time away from me and she'd probably talk back to me because she doesn't want to be mean but maybe it'll cause problems later if she hasn't fully gotten over what happened.

So, in summary, should I wait for her to make the initial contact or should I just do so? She usually expects me to do so (and I usually do) which is only reason I ask. Not sure if she's waiting for me etc.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.