Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Cheating... How far is too far? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Copy and paste this, and put yay or nay after it if you think it counts as cheating - or any random replies are good.

Sitting on someones knee
    Holding hands
    Kissing on the cheek
    A quick peck on the lips

And anything else is blatantly cheating, anything further than kissing on the lips, a quick peck. But how far is too far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizzieLizzie.)
    Sitting on someones knee Nay
    Holding hands Nay
    Kissing on the cheek Nay
    A quick peck on the lips Yay
    Not that I would be comfortable if my girlfriend did the ones which I said Nay.

Anyway, kissing on the cheek is really common in Spain, like when you meet someone for the first time or you're saying just hi.

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by LizzieLizzie.
    Holding hands Nay
    Kissing on the cheek Nay

the thing is...i have double standards with this i think - like i could sit on a friends lap (tbf it's only when i drink...not that i'm drunk, just that i'm more touchy after a drink) but if a gal on my boyfriends lap i would not be happy at all can't help it lol

ReputationRep:
    Copy and paste this, and put yay or nay after it if you think it counts as cheating - or any random replies are good.

Holding hands Nay
    Kissing on the cheek Nay
    A quick peck on the lips May-bay (see what I did there? luls)

And anything else is blatantly cheating, anything further than kissing on the lips, a quick peck. But how far is too far?
    Kissing on the cheek can merely be a usual greeting for some people, and doesn't often mean anything. A quick peck on the lips could be cheating - I definitely wouldn't be happy about it and would talk to my girlfriend about it, but wouldn't go any further than that.

ReputationRep:
    Sitting on someones knee na
    Holding hands na
    Kissing on the cheek na
    A quick peck on the lips na

but i woudnt want my gf doin any of those things to any guy and she knows that. it isnt really cheating but if your doing these things beacuse you lust after this person then they would all be considered cheating in my eyes... even thinking about kissing somebody else would feel a bit like cheating to me... beaucse it would feel the same for my gal.

ReputationRep:
    Sitting on someones knee- Probably not, but i'd get f'ing annoyed (esp. if i was there).
    Holding hands- Yay.
    Kissing on the cheek- Yay.
    A quick peck on the lips- Yay.

Though, you'd have to factor in the occasion. Like the posters above remarked, kissing on the cheek is general greeting for some cultures/countries- that's fine. Holding hands is a very 'coupley' thing for a boy and girl to do, imho.

EDIT: I wouldn't necessarily class the first two as 'cheating', just something i'd get extremely annoyed at. The kissed, cheek or lips, mainly lips, i'd say was cheating.

ReputationRep:
    Anything more than looking at another lady would result in me dumping my partner.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm. I suppose. And if you did any of these things do you think you should tell your boyfriend? Or if you've done more?

ReputationRep:
    Sitting on someones knee -nay
    Holding hands -nay
    Kissing on the cheek - nay
    A quick peck on the lips -nay
    but, like EmUIbA said, it doesn't mean I'd be happy about it. It all depends on what's normal for your partner I think.

sitting on someone's knee is absolutely fine with me
    holding hands would be a little strange for my boyfriend but wouldn't cause any arguments, or probably even get a mention.
    a kiss on the cheek isn't something I've ever seen my boyfriend do but it would be ok with people I know he's good friends with and upset me a bit if it was one of a few girls I know he was trying to get with before we got together - either way it would get a mention.
    a peck on the lips would get me feeling pretty sick with this boyfriend because I know that's totally unlike him and he considers it cheating. Would have been ok with my ex though because it was just friendly behaviour for him.

ReputationRep:
    It would depend on what boundaries the relationship already had, what we'd agreed on etc. None of those I'd consider cheating, but more than that would depend on whether it'd be ok to shag around etc.

ReputationRep:
    no
    no
    no
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Non of them... although context is more important than action. Even a full on kiss wouldnt be cheating in the context of a game of truth or dare imo.

ReputationRep:
    It would all be cheating, IMO. xx

ReputationRep:
    I would be utterly pissed off with all of the above scenarios.

ReputationRep:
    Sitting on someones knee - Not cheating, if its just sitting on a knee
    Holding hands - Unless someone like a brother - Cheat
    Kissing on the cheek - Cheat
    A quick peck on the lips - Cheat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizzieLizzie.

Sitting on someones knee [B
    )

Yay[/B]

Holding hands Yay

Kissing on the cheek Yay

If a Girl does this to a gay guy then it's OK !!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's saying no to hand-holding but it's quite a meaningful thing.. It would sound silly to get in a fuss over but you'd have to ask why they hold hands.. Must be a strong bond between them..? Am I the only one thinking this?

ReputationRep:
    Sitting on someones knee No
    Holding hands No
    Kissing on the cheek No
    A quick peck on the lips Yes

ReputationRep:

Sitting on someones knee
    Holding hands
    Kissing on the cheek
    A quick peck on the lips

Sitting on someones knee YAY
    Holding handsYAY
    Kissing on the cheekYAY
    A quick peck on the lipsYAY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyFrench)
    Everyone's saying no to hand-holding but it's quite a meaningful thing.. It would sound silly to get in a fuss over but you'd have to ask why they hold hands.. Must be a strong bond between them..? Am I the only one thinking this?
    Yeah I agree... most guys would only hold hands with girls if they were in a relationship with them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.