Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the intentions behind the actions really!

If they aren't happy with you and are planning their next romantic interest, then anything like that is just deceitful.

But, any of them can be completely innocent too!

ReputationRep:
    Sitting on someones knee - depends who it is
    Holding hands - again depends who it is
    Kissing on the cheek - not bothered
    A quick peck on the lips - probably too far

ReputationRep:
    No
    yay
    no
    yay

? The hand thing just seems a little odd with me =/

ReputationRep:
    I'd say no to most of them but I know if I saw my girlfriend doing any of them without people I wasn't friends with it would play on my mind.

ReputationRep:
    Do any of these things with anyone other than your partner and you're really pushing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LulaMinnick)
    Anything more than looking at another lady would result in me dumping my partner.
    You're gonna be lonely arent you.

Reading some of the most stupid replies here reminds me why young relationships are always doomed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Reading some of the most stupid replies here reminds me why young relationships are always doomed.
    This. How anyone can say that hand holding is cheating I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    All of them are a no.
    If you sleep with someone else whilst in a relationship then that's cheating otherwise it doesn't mean anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Igor00)
    This. How anyone can say that hand holding is cheating I don't know.
    Well it depends on the context doesn't it? I VERY rarely, if ever, see a girl holding hands with a guy unless they are dating.

ReputationRep:
    Sitting on someones knee - depends whose knee
    Holding hands - not cheating, but i wouldn't like it
    Kissing on the cheek - not cheating
    A quick peck on the lips - depends on the situation, e.g if it's a friend and they always greet their friends that way then i wouldn't think it meant anything

All of them unless the kissing on the cheek was by accident during a hug

ReputationRep:
    2" of shaft

ReputationRep:
    None of them.

ReputationRep:
    being the liberal sole that I am, once you put you **** inside them ( or recive) then its too far.

ReputationRep:
    Sitting on someones knee - no
    Holding hands - no
    Kissing on the cheek - no
    A quick peck on the lips - not cheating but would raise issues imo

Peronally i think it all depends upon the other person to whom your Bf/Gf does these things too... for example if they are done to a close friend then id would say they are all fine...i sit on my male friends knee even when my BF is around... i hold my male friends hand occassionally and i tend to kiss people on the cheek especially when im drunk...id never hide this from my BF because i wouldnt percieve it as doing anything wrong because he knows that we are good friends (we have the same friendship group... and on of my close male friends is his brother)... i suppose id be kindda jealous if he did it to a female friend but i wouldnt class it as cheating...

... if its done with a stranger however.... i still wouldnt say it was cheating but its too far imo and i wouldnt be happy about it...

a peck on the lips is only justified with very close friends very occassionally... no lip kissing should be done with stranger....

xxx

ReputationRep:
    None of them are explicit cheating because none of them involve a distinct sexual adulturous act with a consensual other person. However, they're all unacceptable with my girlfriend and she knows it. Same goes for me.

Lol :p: sounds like such a militant relationship but it's not. We're just devoted to each other only.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizzieLizzie.)
    Copy and paste this, and put yay or nay after it if you think it counts as cheating - or any random replies are good.

Sitting on someones knee
    Holding hands
    Kissing on the cheek
    A quick peck on the lips

And anything else is blatantly cheating, anything further than kissing on the lips, a quick peck. But how far is too far?
    For me, all of this is cheating, even staring strangely at another guy would be cheating, I know this seems stupid to you but this is exactly how I feel about your poset

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with kissing on the cheek as a greeting between friends?

ReputationRep:
    No to all of the above. Sitting on knees and holding hands can just show a good friendship, if your girlfriend/boyfriend (though I am sceptical it will happen often among males and their friends to sit on each others knees and hold hands -- when they are "just friends") no one would think anything of it, so no. Kissing on the cheek or a quick peck on the lips is what people do to greet each other .

ReputationRep:
    Sitting on someones knee Not necessarily, but there'd have to be a good reason for someone sitting on my other half's lap!
    Holding hands This is the one I'd be least happy about - holding hands is quite meaningful to me.
    Kissing on the cheek Not at all - it's a common enough greeting, much more so outside of GB.
    A quick peck on the lips I wouldn't like my other half doing that at all - lips are out of bounds! Suggests something more.

HOWEVER! There are too many things wrong with the question to give accurate answers. I've given general answers, but my definite answers would really depend entirely upon the context, situation and the other party involved.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.