The Student Room Group

Funniest mistakes you've made/heard of from medicine interviews?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Hygeia
Is it bad that I look at this and think it's got something to do with sex :o:

Ha ha, me too!
Original post by apple17
At sheffield,
There was a plate of cookies in front of me and they offered me to take one. So, I got up, picked up the plate and a cookie and sat down, tried putting the plate back to the table, somehow didn't judge where the table was, the plate with the cookies ended up on the floor and when i got up at the end to shake hands, I stepped on the cookies, cookie crumbs everywhere. So stupid. :s

:rofl: Awww bless you... would so rep if I had some :P
During my Durham interview:

Interviewer: Welcome to Newcastle (as my interview was held in Newcastle)
Me: Thank you! You too!

:banghead:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 203
Original post by AspiringDoctor
:rofl: Awww bless you... would so rep if I had some :P

Aw, thank you. Its the thought that counts.
What is worse is Sheffield makes their decisions really quickly so I should know about the outcome soon soon. :s-smilie:
Reply 204
Original post by doctork2
During my Durham interview:

Interviewer: Welcome to Newcastle (as my interview was held in Newcastle)
Me: Thank you! You too!

:banghead:

:rofl:
classic!
During my Durham interview (pt 2)

Interviewer: A girl comes into your clinic - she is 14 - and she needs contraceptive pills. What would you do?
Me: Blah blah blah judge her competency blah blah
Interviewer: What if the man she had the intercourse with was a 29 year old male?
Me: Well, I can't do anything really. What 29-year-old male wants to have sex with a 14 year old gi- OH I SEE WHAT YOU DID THAR
Interviewer: :colonhash:
Great thread. *subscribes*
Original post by Woody.
Cambridge interviewer to me:
'Are you familiar with Cock?'

I kid you not.

Robert Koch :rofl:
Original post by Sakujo
Nah it's cool, I couldn't get a graph of just the shape and it does say penetration on it.:p:

A bit late, and it's not medicine related but you can get jobs in penetration testing...
Original post by apple17
Aw, thank you. Its the thought that counts.
What is worse is Sheffield makes their decisions really quickly so I should know about the outcome soon soon. :s-smilie:

Well, however it goes with Sheffield, you have an offer from KCL... somewhere where I'd reeeally like to go, congrats! :woo:
Reply 210
Original post by AspiringDoctor
Well, however it goes with Sheffield, you have an offer from KCL... somewhere where I'd reeeally like to go, congrats! :woo:

Thank you, good luck with ur application next year and any questions about the application process (apart from interview specifics), i will be glad to help. :biggrin:
Original post by Woody.

I kid you not.

I know this is ancient, but are you sure they weren't asking you about Koch?! :wink:

Reminds me of a time I thought my (very old and gentlemanly) tutor in my first degree kept calling Daniel Deronda a "prick"... until someone pointed out that he was probably saying "prig". :redface:

Favourite ever embarrassing interview story was one someone posted on the Oxford forum ages ago. The guy in question saw the interviewer put his hand out, and went to shake it, only realising too late that the interviewer was actually pointing at a coat-peg for him to hang his coat on. Unsure whether to stop mid-gesture or not, the poor guy decided it was best to carry on, and ended up shaking the interviewer's pointing finger. :lol:
So what would you like to do after Medical School?
Pharmacy.

:beer:
Original post by apple17
Thank you, good luck with ur application next year and any questions about the application process (apart from interview specifics), i will be glad to help. :biggrin:

Thank you! Best of luck with all your other universities :wink:
Original post by Woody.

I kid you not.

They probably meant Robert Koch- he did something to do with tuberculosis ages ago haha, we did it in History.
I think we've established that the interviewer was asking about Robert Koch, not cock. :biggrin:
I accidentally insinuated that one of my interviewers was gay. :facepalm:

He had made up a scenario where I was the doctor and he was the relative of a patient. He asked me to explain what had happened to his relative so I said: "I'm sorry but your... uh... husband--" He then bluntly interrupted with "Relative."

I cringe whenever I think about it. :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest