Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I hope you don't mind a future vet stalking this thread, simply because it's so funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    Is it bad that I look at this and think it's got something to do with sex :o:
    It's good to know a mod has the same level of humour as me.
    If I'd got this in my interview I'd have crumbled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onychophagia)
    I was getting a bit of a grilling, then the interviewer came out with this;

Interviewer - So, you're obviously pretty good at science. Do you just do science because it's something you can excel at without having an imagination? Prove to me you have an imagination.

Me - I reckon you were quite attractive thirty years ago.

Didn't go down as well as i'd hoped.
    Haha! Legend

What uni was it?

ReputationRep:
    At my barts interview:

Interviewer: So can you think of any advantages of euthanasia?

Me: Ehm... free up beds and resources for other patients

Interviewer: :rofl:

It went down quite well I guess lol, I did feel stupid after saying that but I got the offer :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by win2kpro)
    At my barts interview:

It went down quite well I guess lol, I did feel stupid after saying that but I got the offer :thumbsup:

it is an advantage though...would make predicting 'possible free beds' for the shift easier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    it is an advantage though...would make predicting 'possible free beds' for the shift easier
    I guess so, I did feel stupid tho since they both laughed at me :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    It's not really an advantage and it's an exceptionally non-holistic view of patient care. Not a dig at you, win2kpro, just probably why the interviewers laughed.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Woody.)
    It's not really an advantage and it's an exceptionally non-holistic view of patient care. Not a dig at you, win2kpro, just probably why the interviewers laughed.
    But it would free up beds in hospitals if lots of people decided to be assisted to die.

But that's not the reason they laughed, they laughed because it was funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    But it would free up beds in hospitals if lots of people decided to be assisted to die.

But that's not the reason they laughed, they laughed because it was funny.
    Yes, but when considering whether to implement euthanasia, the doctor should not begin to contemplate the alleged 'advantage' of freeing up beds when making his/her decision, at least in my view.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote words pretty much to the same effect in my BMAT essay and got a 12. The two universities that received a transcript of that essay gave me an offer. So no, I don't think they laughed at him because it was a stupid thing to say.

It is an advantage, and it's a very practical way of freeing up resources.

Holistic means to view something as a whole rather than it's parts. If we are to look at a patient intake as a whole, then sacrificing someone we can either no longer help or doesn't want to live will be beneficial to the whole. Therefore it's a very holistic way of looking at things.

Stop acting like you're the sole remaining defender of morals.

ReputationRep:
    cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepa7)
    What would you say is your biggest weakness?

Kryptonite :facepalm:

Funnily enough, it worked and they gave an offer
    Deary me xd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by win2kpro)
    At my barts interview:

cool

ReputationRep:
    The best thing I've heard this year is from the HYMS thread, our friend hopes was interviewed about two weeks ago, and one of the questions was "what is your opinion of the NHS?" and hopes replied that he thought it wasn't run very well, to which the interviewer seemed offended and replied "I didn't think I did that bad!"

Guess who interviewed our friend, hopes? Yes, thats right, the ex-UK health minister, Frank Dobson, who was in charge of the NHS for 10 years!.. Anyone else think that is the worst person to **** off the NHS to?

Here's hoping hopes gets in :p:

(Original post by hopes in the HYMS applicants 2010 thread)
    ol! urm i kinda hit a nerve when he asked do i think the nhs is ran appropriately and up to a high standard and i just said no...without any significant reason,he just looked at me and went i didnt do that bad and i was like until i realised who he was after!
    (Original post by hopes in the HYMS applicants 2010 thread)
    Frank dobson is the ex uk's health minister apparently
    Personally I felt stupid in my HYMS interview when I got this:

Interviewer: When have you been in a situation where you realised you said something wrong after you said it.. And what did you do?

Me: Well, I work in a store, and whilst there, I was working behind the counter, pricing up products and I got it wrong and loudly exclaimed "BUGGER!" [I get cut off by-]

Both Interviewers: LOLOLOL

Me: *ahem* so, yeh I turn round and realise that there is a family stood behind me, with a pair of children that couldnt have been any older than 7!

Both interviewers: ROFLROFLROFL!

Me: But, I apologised...

Honestly, the interviewers laughed like they had never heard the word bugger before, it was a little creepy

ReputationRep:
    My friend in a Kings interview:
    Interviewer: So what do you think will be the biggest threat to the health of humanity in the future?
    Friend: Decepticons.

ReputationRep:
    :p:
    (Original post by Failure By Design)
    Haha! Legend

What uni was it?
    It was UCL. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    I wrote words pretty much to the same effect in my BMAT essay and got a 12. The two universities that received a transcript of that essay gave me an offer. So no, I don't think they laughed at him because it was a stupid thing to say.

It is an advantage, and it's a very practical way of freeing up resources.

Holistic means to view something as a whole rather than it's parts. If we are to look at a patient intake as a whole, then sacrificing someone we can either no longer help or doesn't want to live will be beneficial to the whole. Therefore it's a very holistic way of looking at things.

Stop acting like you're the sole remaining defender of morals.
    And what gives you the right to tell me how to act? When sneering at my morals you contradict yourself when you try and force your views upon me.

Why do you think they laughed at him? I never denied that having more beds is useful, but I don't think that when you're considering someone's life you should be thinking about freeing up resources as one of the reasons you should end someone's life.

ReputationRep:

ever heard of the saying, funny but true? and...have a sense of humour?

ReputationRep:
    And what gives you the right to tell me how to act? When sneering at my morals you contradict yourself when you try and force your views upon me.

Why do you think they laughed at him? I never denied that having more beds is useful, but I don't think that when you're considering someone's life you should be thinking about freeing up resources as one of the reasons you should end someone's life.

gods sake, do you genuinely think in reality people actually take this seriously?! And would make ethical and hard decisions based on maybe they need a free bed?!

maybe try and get yourself some dark humour..or a podium to anyone who will listen?

ReputationRep:
    gods sake, do you genuinely think in reality people actually take this seriously?! And would make ethical and hard decisions based on maybe they need a free bed?!

maybe try and get yourself some dark humour..or a podium to anyone who will listen?
    I detest pretty much any form of dark humour. It's just the way I am, I think it's sickening. I also really do not want to give a 'holier than thou' view when I'm speaking, and I'm sorry if I do, but I'm only trying to present my viewpoint.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.