Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody.)
    I detest pretty much any form of dark humour. It's just the way I am, I think it's sickening. I also really do not want to give a 'holier than thou' view when I'm speaking, and I'm sorry if I do, but I'm only trying to present my viewpoint.

well you're going to need some if you ever get a place..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    well you're going to need some if you ever get a place..
    Untrue. I know plenty of people (including medics) who do not have 'dark humour'. And I most definitely do not intend on getting one if I do get a place. Just because you've got that dark sense of humour, it does not mean I will develop one too.

ReputationRep:
    Untrue. I know plenty of people (including medics) who do not have 'dark humour'. And I most definitely do not intend on getting one if I do get a place. Just because you've got that dark sense of humour, it does not mean I will develop one too.

.......yeah whatever

well done for taking what was a funny thread into the realms of...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    German interviewer: So, I see you play football. How are you at taking penalties?
    Me: Er, alright...
    German: *Sigh* English people never are.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interviewer: Have you studied bone before?
    Me: No.
    Interviewer: Then this is going to be a long ten minutes for you.
    :rofl:

Should have challenged him to a shoot out! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desertwarrior)
    enzyme substrate formation
    :facepalm: I should have known that.

Saw your sig and was wondering why you have such a high offer for Cambridge? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Chill people lol! Great thread btw. In my oxford interview I was really nervous and when I went in, there was a skull sitting on the table between me and the two interviewers. Unfortunately, I didn't hear the first question they asked which I presume was meant to be an ice breaker - (So what creature is this skull from?) so I just sat there blank whilst the interviewers were exchanging glances. Eventually one of them said "I'll give you a clue there are three of them in this room" Not that funny but pretty embarassing! They must have thought I was a total numpty. Needless to say I got rejected lol

ReputationRep:
    .......yeah whatever

That made me laugh:p:

ReputationRep:
    .......yeah whatever

'Whatever' is hardly much of a response. If I brought seriousness upon this thread you only brought immaturity.

ReputationRep:
    I know I have nothing to do on here, but this thread is rather entertaining, so I shall subscribe :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    'Whatever' is hardly much of a response. If I brought seriousness upon this thread you only brought immaturity.

Oh shut up and **** off already, jesus.

ReputationRep:
    :eyebrow: You need to chillllll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    int "What attracted you to medicine?"
    me *freezes*
    me "because its nice"
    int "...what do you mean by that?"
    me "just nice"

:facepalm:
    Hahaha, you must have spent hours in advance labouring over that response :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILoveRona)
    Oh shut up and **** off already, jesus.

This thread is entertaining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonnyW451)
    Chill people lol! Great thread btw. In my oxford interview I was really nervous and when I went in, there was a skull sitting on the table between me and the two interviewers. Unfortunately, I didn't hear the first question they asked which I presume was meant to be an ice breaker - (So what creature is this skull from?) so I just sat there blank whilst the interviewers were exchanging glances. Eventually one of them said "I'll give you a clue there are three of them in this room" Not that funny but pretty embarassing! They must have thought I was a total numpty. Needless to say I got rejected lol
    Was that at New College?? I had an interview there too! Although fortunately they kept the bones in a bag until half way through the interview.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge interviewer to me:
    'Are you familiar with ****?'

I kid you not.
    Did you find out what they were talking about?

ReputationRep:
    .......yeah whatever

lool, thats jokes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbow-Dream)
    Did you find out what they were talking about?
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    Loooooool really?

Was it to see how you reacted?

What did you say?
    Yeah they were talking about a guy called Robert Koch who was involved in some clinical trials (which we were talking about at the time) :o: It certainly caught me off guard though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facetious)
    Hahaha, you must have spent hours in advance labouring over that response :p:
    I was also asked what i gained from my time doing work exp in hospital, and I just said that everyone seemed very 'satisfied'.

Ahhh I didnt want to be a doctor anyway
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yes, but when considering whether to implement euthanasia, the doctor should not begin to contemplate the alleged 'advantage' of freeing up beds when making his/her decision, at least in my view.
    Yes the entire population of earth knows this!

Hence the "Funniest Mistakes" part of the tread title.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    I was also asked what i gained from my time doing work exp in hospital, and I just said that everyone seemed very 'satisfied'.

Ahhh I didnt want to be a doctor anyway

Why were you there then?

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.