Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah182)
    Was that at New College?? I had an interview there too! Although fortunately they kept the bones in a bag until half way through the interview.. :p:
    Haha no it was at Wadham. I guess the oxford colleges like to use human bones to differentiate between the morons like me who somehow manage to slip through the initial admissions net and those who actually stand a chance of getting a place. At least I made the decision easy for them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    Why were you there then?
    Trying to meet new people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah182)
    Was that at New College?? I had an interview there too! Although fortunately they kept the bones in a bag until half way through the interview.. :p:
    They're pretty big on bones at other colleges as well. I actually got a skull as well.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    Trying to meet new people.
    :p:

Awesome answer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    Well this is for a dentistry interview. But still funny as hell.

Interviewer: Why Dentistry?

Guy: Id rather look in people mouths, than up their arse's

Interviewer: Get Out
    That's a bit harsh, couldn't (s)he take a joke?

ReputationRep:
    This thread is funny in a geeky way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    Just reading something in one of the applicants threads inspired me to start this thread. So, what are the funniest mistakes you've made (or heard of that others have made) during a medicine interview?
    When it was time to leave, I walked straight into the closet instead of out the door:facepalm: ..I could've cried with embarrassment..

Edit: Just realised that that wasn't something that actually happened in the interview, but right afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missbrowneyes)
    When it was time to leave, I walked straight into the closet instead of out the door:facepalm: ..I could've cried with embarrassment..

Edit: Just realised that that wasn't something that actually happened in the interview, but right afterwards.
    Lmfao, you ledge

ReputationRep:
    int "What attracted you to medicine?"
    me *freezes*
    me "because its nice"
    int "...what do you mean by that?"
    me "just nice"

:facepalm:
    thats brilliant:rofl:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Brilliant thread :lmao:

ReputationRep:
    I was also asked what i gained from my time doing work exp in hospital, and I just said that everyone seemed very 'satisfied'.

Ahhh I didnt want to be a doctor anyway
    Ha.. well that is obvious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JacobM)
    Isn't this just medical interviews?
    Walking in on the medical student who has being interviewed before me didn't do me any favours at oxford I assume.
    I just noticed your UCL offer in your sig.. How come it was A*AA?

ReputationRep:
    Someone I know went to his cambridge interview and was greeted by an old woman who gave him a diagram of a cell and simply gestured for him to speak without saying anything else. He had no idea what he had to do so in his mind he just thought 'how the **** am i meant to reply to that?!'

ReputationRep:
    I've made a ton of ridiculous mistakes at interviews..
    *Went into a lengthy debate about euthanasia and if as a doctor I'd allow it to happen.. ten minutes later.. oh yeah, its illegal anyway, so I won't do it
    *Why should they choose me? I'm hard working.. (completely lost my trail of thought..) And oh.. I'm creative and into video editing.. wth?!! (Was ill during this interview in my defence)
    *So have you been on an open day here? Yeah, I went to the pharmacy one..
    *Do you know anyone studying medicine or at this university? No, all my cousins weren't smart enough to get into uni.
    *Have you studied respiration at A level? No. We did photosynthesis though, so I imagine its the same thing.. Oh wait, we don't have chloroplasts...
    *What is an advantage of studying here as opposed to oxbridge (this was at barts)? Well.. More diseases here?

Chances are I'll add more when I remember.. I love this thread

ReputationRep:
    Mine at interview:

Interviewer: (on the topic of teamwork with hospitals) "So how do patients get from theatre to the wards?"

Me: "In beds... (blank stare)"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidrah)
    I've made a ton of ridiculous mistakes at interviews..
    *Went into a lengthy debate about euthanasia and if as a doctor I'd allow it to happen.. ten minutes later.. oh yeah, its illegal anyway, so I won't do it
    *Why should they choose me? I'm hard working.. (completely lost my trail of thought..) And oh.. I'm creative and into video editing.. wth?!! (Was ill during this interview in my defence)
    *So have you been on an open day here? Yeah, I went to the pharmacy one..
    *Do you know anyone studying medicine or at this university? No, all my cousins weren't smart enough to get into uni.
    *Have you studied respiration at A level? No. We did photosynthesis though, so I imagine its the same thing.. Oh wait, we don't have chloroplasts...
    *What is an advantage of studying here as opposed to oxbridge (this was at barts)? Well.. More diseases here?

Chances are I'll add more when I remember.. I love this thread
    Hahah, loved that one! What'd they respond to that?

ReputationRep:
    i winked at my first interviewer at georgies
    dont think it went down too well:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    "So, I think you would've expected this already.. Why would you like to study medicine at (University)?"

"Well.. it's a highly-respected university, and I know the quality of teaching is excellent.."

"But what about the course do you like?"

"Um.. well I like how patient contact is introduced early.."

"What content of the course appeals to you???"

"You guys use those student response gadgets in lectures, don't you?"

Oh dear.. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky21)
    That's a bit harsh, couldn't (s)he take a joke?
    The problem with humour and medicine, is that while it is a useful tool, the humour has to be the most banal and uninteresting, but impossible to be offended by humour. That kind of behaviour would be wholly innapropriate with patients and with staff you did not know well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody.)
    Hahah, loved that one! What'd they respond to that?
    They asked if the pharmacists managed to convince me, and I sed no
    So glad my interviews are over now..

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.