Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LetoKynes)
    "So, I think you would've expected this already.. Why would you like to study medicine at (University)?"

"Well.. it's a highly-respected university, and I know the quality of teaching is excellent.."

"But what about the course do you like?"

"Um.. well I like how patient contact is introduced early.."

"What content of the course appeals to you???"

"You guys use those student response gadgets in lectures, don't you?"
    Haha oh god I did something similar.. went on and on about body painting and who wants to be a ******* millionaire. SHUT. UP. AND. TALK. ABOUT. THE. COURSE. LEKKY! :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidrah)
    They asked if the pharmacists managed to convince me, and I sed no
    So glad my interviews are over now..
    well done on all the offers! bloody brilliant :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Haha oh god I did something similar.. went on and on about body painting and who wants to be a ******* millionaire. SHUT. UP. AND. TALK. ABOUT. THE. COURSE. LEKKY! :facepalm:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    well done on all the offers! bloody brilliant :party:
    Aww, thanks
    UCL have decided to keep me waiting, but I'm not too fussed lol.
    Hows your app going?

ReputationRep:
    UCL interview 2004

Interviewer: What are you most worried about at the moment

Me: .... Terrorism

Interviewer:

It turned out ok in the end because we got into a long debate about whether the madrid bombings (which had happend earlier on in the year) had impacted on the course of a democratic election and I did end up with an offer.

It was a genuine answer I was living in London and I was worried that we were going to have something similar at around the time of the next election

But I felt really really stupid :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidrah)
    Aww, thanks
    UCL have decided to keep me waiting, but I'm not too fussed lol.
    Hows your app going?
    hear in march from the two interviews I got (Glasgow & Durham).. feel free to throw one of the spare offers you have my way :p:

ReputationRep:
    Interviewer: What are your main strengths?

Interviewee: *points to biceps*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy_smurf)
    Interviewer: What are your main strengths?

Interviewee: *points to biceps*

You didn't? :shock:

ReputationRep:
    I think thats why St Georges rejected me.

Spoiler:
    Show
    just joking :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Interviewer: So how could the NHS save money?

(Literally the day before I had watched a documentary about how, among other things, consultants were a load of arrogant *****, who'se ****headery was leading to inefficiencies in the NHS)

Me: Well, in my opinion consultants lie at the heart of a major waste of resouces within the NHS *looks at badge of interviewer, which says: Consultant Neurologist* and ... *in my head: OH ****, OH ****, OH **** *

Luckily I managed a save by talking about NICE, Darzi review and polyclinics etc (but I still got rejected )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 916-CALL-TURK)
    Interviewer: So how could the NHS save money?

(Literally the day before I had watched a documentary about how, among other things, consultants were a load of arrogant *****, who'se ****headery was leading to inefficiencies in the NHS)

Me: Well, in my opinion consultants lie at the heart of a major waste of resouces within the NHS *looks at badge of interviewer, which says: Consultant Neurologist* and ... *in my head: OH ****, OH ****, OH **** *

Luckily I managed a save by talking about NICE, Darzi review and polyclinics etc (but I still got rejected )
    That sounds like a bizarre documentary. Who was it made by?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    That sounds like a bizarre documentary. Who was it made by?
    The BBC - it was the 'Can Gerry Robinson save the NHS' one :rolleyes:

It's actually aot more neutral than I just made it out to be

ReputationRep:
    I had a friend at school who spelled medicine wrong in her personal statement and cambridge application form. She got rejected form all four pretty quickly....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 916-CALL-TURK)
    The BBC - it was the 'Can Gerry Robinson save the NHS' one :rolleyes:

It's actually aot more neutral than I just made it out to be
    Oh right. I remember watching the first episode of that and I didn't think it was too bad. I certainly get the image you were talking about from it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovehotchocolate)
    I had a friend at school who spelled medicine wrong in her personal statement and cambridge application form. She got rejected form all four pretty quickly....
    haha, oh dear! you would think somebody would have noticed that before she sent her form off.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah182)
    haha, oh dear! you would think somebody would have noticed that before she sent her form off.. :p:
    mistakes happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Oh right. I remember watching the first episode of that and I didn't think it was too bad. I certainly get the image you were talking about from it. :p:
    There was that one consultant who was a right ******. That said, the rest were pretty nice.

ReputationRep:
    Random but I love this thread! Sorry but I had to say it.... we don't get this in pharmacy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petzneo)
    Random but I love this thread! Sorry but I had to say it.... we don't get this in pharmacy...
    I swear some places interview for pharmacy :confused:

I reckon they should start recording interviews and putting them on YouTube or something. It'd make for some pretty LOL moments - the things some people say ...

ReputationRep:
    I told Kings that TB was a waterborne virus... :facepalm:

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.