Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Funniest mistakes you've made/heard of from medicine interviews? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 916-CALL-TURK)
    I swear some places interview for pharmacy :confused:

I reckon they should start recording interviews and putting them on YouTube or something. It'd make for some pretty LOL moments - the things some people say ...
    Yeah..I went to 2 interviews..but they were no where near as funny

I agree!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody.)
    Untrue. I know plenty of people (including medics) who do not have 'dark humour'. And I most definitely do not intend on getting one if I do get a place. Just because you've got that dark sense of humour, it does not mean I will develop one too.
    Woody makes me LMAO.

Woody=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Woody makes me LMAO.

Woody=
    Not pure enough.

We are looking at Jesus grade purity here.

ReputationRep:
    There was that one consultant who was a right ******. That said, the rest were pretty nice.
    IMO, none of them were as arrogant or ****headed as Gerry Robinson himself. I really disliked the way he went about that programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    hear in march from the two interviews I got (Glasgow & Durham).. feel free to throw one of the spare offers you have my way :p:
    Good luck!
    And if only medical admissions worked that way xP

ReputationRep:
    I swear some places interview for pharmacy :confused:

I reckon they should start recording interviews and putting them on YouTube or something. It'd make for some pretty LOL moments - the things some people say ...
    My St Georges interview was filmed last year, I bet there are some cringeworthy things on that - unfortunately I seem to have blocked most of the interview out of my mind so I can't remember if I said/did anything funny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    IMO, none of them were as arrogant or ****headed as Gerry Robinson himself. I really disliked the way he went about that programme.
    It would have been so much more funny if it had been done by Alan Sugar. :teeth: "What do you mean you've forgotten who I am? I'm bloody Alan Sugar, I'm a national treasure! You're fired."

ReputationRep:
    Looking at an oxygen dissociation curve and talking about gas exchange, I decided to say, "Carbon dioxide isn't really that relevant in gas exchange." Riight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    By improving the efficiency of a hospital? HOW DARE HE?!?!?!!?? :mad:

In all seriousness he was a bit of a ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desertwarrior)
    mistakes happen
    :eek: Why is your Cambridge offer 3A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky21)
    :eek: Why is your Cambridge offer 3A*?
    I might have mentioned in my interview that I would achieve all A* and would be pleased if that was my offer :'(
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I might have mentioned in my interview that I would achieve all A* and would be pleased if that was my offer :'(
    That's beyond hilarious! :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    I said on my PS I like reading, and in one interview they asked what was my favourite book, and I said one by mills and boon:facepalm:

Was the only place that gave me an offer though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    That's beyond hilarious! :toofunny:
    ah well!! Hopefully, i'll get newcastle

ReputationRep:
    oh dear... :o:

ReputationRep:
    I accused all models of injecting drugs.

Still got an offer... lol.

ReputationRep:
    lol why would u say that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah182)
    oh dear... :o:
    u have an A* already?

i wonder why queens didnt lower your offer to A*ABa.... bit mean of them i think lol

congrats though!!!

ReputationRep:
    Something similar happened to a friend at Trinity this year. When he phoned up to enquire about why his offer is A*A*A*, they simply told him it's because he literally asked for that offer in the interview, they would've given him an A*AA offer had he not said anything. Not that that's going to make you feel any better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    Something similar happened to a friend at Trinity this year. When he phoned up to enquire about why his offer is A*A*A*, they simply told him it's because he literally asked for that offer in the interview, they would've given him an A*AA offer had he not said anything. Not that that's going to make you feel any better.
    Noble! You're alive

Still applying to Caius next year?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2012
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.