The Student Room Group

Depression and laziness?

I've had depression for a long time (5 years+) and when its been particularly bad this year I've felt absoluetly sick of revising/working - generally dreading it, even somethign as trivial as filling in a sheet - and I procrastinate so much, leave revision till last minute. I feel completely lazy and I never use to feel like that about working. In fact I need to eat or watch tv to help me get through it (eating lots=a good thing for me thouhg as im underweight, just so I dont get any ranting responses about that) Where is the line between depression and laziness or can depression cause it etc? coz if it can I really want to get it treated. im in yr 11 so its going to be work pretty much all the time from now on and I need to be able to get through it to keep up all a stars and eveything. Ahhhhh :banghead: Unless im normal? does everyone get this sick of work and essays and sheets and *yawn* evything else
Reply 1
A large loss of motivation, and lack of energy are associated with depression.
I did actually have it for a long time (2 years I reckon), just get off your arse and do something. Find something that interests you. Don't just do this for a week or so - keep on doing it.

Latest

Trending

Trending