Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    The important thing is not to be bitter over life's disappointments. Learn to let go of the past. And recognize that every day won't be sunny, and when you find yourself lost in the darkness and despair, remember it's only in the black of night you see the stars. And those stars will lead you back home.

So don't be afraid to make mistakes, to stumble and fall, cause most of the time, the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. Maybe you'll get everything you wish for. Maybe you'll get more than you ever could have imagined. Who knows where life will take you. The road is long and in the end, the journey is the destination.
    That is beautiful, it made goosebumps appear whilst reading it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linweth)
    That is beautiful, it made goosebumps appear whilst reading it
    Me too, I love it! It's from One Tree Hill :cute:

ReputationRep:
    Suum Cuique - To each his own.
    Military police slogan.

ReputationRep:
    'sex, drugs and rock n roll,
    speed, weed and birth contol,
    In the end we're all gonna die,
    so **** the world and let's get high!'

ReputationRep:
    Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if you only remember to turn on the light - Dumbledore

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality
    Jules de Gaultier

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
    Mark Twain

There's probably lots of others, but that's enough for now.

ReputationRep:
    'work harder on yourself than you do on your job' working hard on your job will make you an income, working harder on yourself will make you fortunes.
    http://www.kingtastyshirts.com/?e=df...a540ea9cbc474f

ReputationRep:
    This thread is, for the most part, nauseating.

ReputationRep:
    None. All those wise words and what use are they really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdviceSeeker09)
    If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
    I was gonna add that! Its my sig!

"Im going to pretend Im deep by using someone elses words." - TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heidigirl)
    The quote in my sig from Tim Michin's 9 minute beat poem storm. It pretty much sums up my attitude to life.

Some other quotes I like from the same poem (because it's too long to post):

“Life is full of mysteries, yeah, but there are answers out there, and they won’t be found, by people sitting around, looking serious, and saying isn’t life mysterious?"

If you’re going to watch telly, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool, because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school they looked beneath the mask and what was inside? The janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history, every mystery EVER solved has turned out to be
    Not Magic." :cool:

Also, everything from 'The Suncreen Song' by Baz Lurhmann, especially 'Be kind to your knees; you'll miss them when they're gone." Good advice.
    I love that song, although almost nobody's heard of it or remembers it!

ReputationRep:
    William Shakespeare
    "Better three hours too soon than a minute too late"

Wish I abided by this.

ReputationRep:
    'I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination - what the Imagination seizes as Beauty must be Truth - whether it existed before or not'

John Keats to Benjamin Bailey as he was dying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heidigirl)
    The quote in my sig from Tim Michin's 9 minute beat poem storm. It pretty much sums up my attitude to life.

Some other quotes I like from the same poem (because it's too long to post):

“Life is full of mysteries, yeah, but there are answers out there, and they won’t be found, by people sitting around, looking serious, and saying isn’t life mysterious?"

If you’re going to watch telly, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool, because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school they looked beneath the mask and what was inside? The janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history, every mystery EVER solved has turned out to be
    Not Magic." :cool:

Also, everything from 'The Suncreen Song' by Baz Lurhmann, especially 'Be kind to your knees; you'll miss them when they're gone." Good advice.
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    I love that song, although almost nobody's heard of it or remembers it!
    I remember it having got all Tim's material stored in my iTunes and his dvds lolz plus i got to see him live at Sheffield City Hall in October last year an experience which was fantastic as much as his autograph to me is pinned to my wall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojospacemunky)
    I remember it having got all Tim's material stored in my iTunes and his dvds lolz plus i got to see him live at Sheffield City Hall in October last year an experience which was fantastic as much as his autograph to me is pinned to my wall
    I was on about Baz Luhrmann

I saw TM in Cardiff in September though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    I was on about Baz Luhrmann

I saw TM in Cardiff in September though
    you mean this >>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdQbb3FXSEI

as favourited in my youtube channel and with lyrics

ReputationRep:
    "Life is a tragedy for those that feel, but a comedy to those who think".

- Horace Walpole. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojospacemunky)
    you mean this >>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdQbb3FXSEI

as favourited in my youtube channel and with lyrics
    Yup, that's it

ReputationRep:
    "Be the change that you want to see in the world." - Gandhi

ReputationRep:
    Read at the funeral of Harry Patch (The Last Tommy):

When people slept at night you kept your watch.
    When friends around you had fallen, you kept your watch.
    When you felt lonely and you cast your eyes to those far shores where your family slept, you kept your watch.
    You passed on your wisdom and advice to those who were younger than you, and you kept your watch.
    From a grateful Nation, you stand relieved, we have the watch.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.