Turn on thread page Beta

Do i need to lose weight? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i would like to lose some weight and was wondering how much i'd lose on 1,400 calories per day, and doing an excerise video at home every other day?

I currently weigh 124lbs, am 5'4 and BMI of 21.3, how much should i lose to be quite slim, i still want hips, boobs and butt, but just a flatter stomach.

P.S i cannot do sit-ups..idk why, it just wont work, my back really hurts whn i do them otherwise i would do sit-up to get thinner.

ReputationRep:
    Most definitely not.

ReputationRep:
    www.thedailyplate.com, enter your stats and desired weightloss (2lbs a week/1lb a week/maintain weight) and itll tell you your calorie goal for each day. But you dont need to lose weight just be happy with your currently optimum weight body or buy a slendertone.

ReputationRep:
    this isnt answering youre question.
    but....
    im the same weight and height as you!!!!

AHH!
    how fun

PS.
    yeah, i kinda want to loose weight....
    cant do sit ups either.
    i opt for the trainer bike and power plates.
    not the now....
    after my birthday (H) and prelims

EDIT: it depends on your body shape on how much to loose etc.
    like i have a flat stomach, but big bum and thighs....

your at a decent weight the now (not perfet but still), so its not about loosing weight, but toning up etc, weight loss is just a bonus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisVuitton43)
    this isnt answering youre question.
    but....
    im the same weight and height as you!!!!

AHH!
    how fun

PS.
    yeah, i kinda want to loose weight....
    cant do sit ups either.
    i opt for the trainer bike and power plates.
    not the now....
    after my birthday (H) and prelims

EDIT: it depends on your body shape on how much to loose etc.
    like i have a flat stomach, but big bum and thighs....

your at a decent weight the now (not perfet but still), so its not about loosing weight, but toning up etc, weight loss is just a bonus.
    Toning up doesnt exist its just a thinner amount of body fat on someones body compared to someone else.

ReputationRep:
    sit ups don't make you thin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    Toning up doesnt exist its just a thinner amount of body fat on someones body compared to someone else.
    what i ment was, dont stress about the calories and extreme dieting, just try and up the exercise....

ReputationRep:
    Sex is the best exercise...:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I know i'm not fat, i'm just not comfatble (omg can't even spell..) with my weight at the moment, and can't really afford to go to the gym much, only twice a week and maybe do an exceise video every other day and eat less =/

Btw, does it matter what i eat even though its only 1,300 calories..?
    I just cannot afford to buy fresh fruit and vegs, i have like no money =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexandthecity1990)

yes it matters!
    the calories arent everything, you need to look at sat. fat and sugar levels.
    ie 1500 cal fresh fruit veg and lean meats is MUCH BETTER than 1500 calories of burgers and sugar junk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thedude78)
    Sex is the best exercise...:sexface:

i know man. once, i lost like 6lbs in a week cos of sex (and a not very strict dieting :O ).
    was a good week.

ReputationRep:
    I know i'm not fat, i'm just not comfatble (omg can't even spell..) with my weight at the moment, and can't really afford to go to the gym much, only twice a week and maybe do an exceise video every other day and eat less =/

Yes it does matter - you need good carbs so you have proper energy to burn, lots of protein and veg is more important than fruit as fruit has lots of sugar so not so good if you like a lot of it. Basically the ideal plate is half veg, quarter carbs (potato (boiled/baked), brown rice, brown pasta etc) and quarter protein (turkey, chicken, fish) - ive given examples of the lowest cal and best for you. You should also eat often as this regulates your metabolism.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i would like to lose some weight and was wondering how much i'd lose on 1,400 calories per day, and doing an excerise video at home every other day?

I currently weigh 124lbs, am 5'4 and BMI of 21.3, how much should i lose to be quite slim, i still want hips, boobs and butt, but just a flatter stomach.

P.S i cannot do sit-ups..idk why, it just wont work, my back really hurts whn i do them otherwise i would do sit-up to get thinner.
    Ignore everyone else. If you want to stand out, you can prob get down to a great 7 1/2 stone, or at the least 8 stone to be quite slim/hot.
    If you have a healthy balanced diet of 1400-ish calories (protein, carbs, staying away from fried food) you should be able to notice a change in a fortnight, and real gains in a month.
    Though I'm working on my experience of putting weight/muscles mass on by having 3000+ cals a day. Figure it can't be too different if you just cut your intake to less of your recommended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Ignore everyone else. If you want to stand out, you can prob get down to a great 7 1/2 stone, or at the least 8 stone to be quite slim/hot.

woawwww.
    im quite slim at this weight!
    and 7 and a half stone is the size of a child!
    you dont need to be uber thin to be "hot"

yes, if the weight is out her comfort zone then fine she should maybe loose weight, but going about saying this isnt exactly good for others, seeing as i used to be 26lbs heavier and im actually starting to feel ok with my self. now your basically saying that i should go the extra mile to look decent

probs didnt mean it like that, but saying that she need to lose a stone to a stone and a half to "stand out" and be "hot" is just insensitive and really not always accurate.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to be 7 1/2 stone...=O

I want to be at least 8 stone 7lbs.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to be 7 1/2 stone...=O

I want to be at least 8 stone 7lbs.

see when he said that i felt obese :p:
    my next aim is 8st 8lb.
    (Y)

anyway, yeah, basically; eat less exercise more.
    thats really all you need to know.
    your dvd will do you good.
    just dont forget your goal

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, yeah i won't forget my goal..i saved some pictures of victora secret women i want to look like to motervate me..!

ReputationRep:
    You can't spot-reduce fat retard :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    no, you're fine.

ReputationRep:
    1,300 cals of processed food is extremely different to 1,300 cals of vegetables, lean meat, healthy fats, low GI carbs, etc.

Frozen veg, beans, lentils, etc are dirt cheap.

Go to your local green grocer - they can be cheaper than the supermarket depending on what you buy.

The better you eat and train, the better your progress and vice versa.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.