Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When I see a girl in a club I know (let's say I really fancy her) but I don't know her that well and don't really get much of a chance to get to know her, I want to say hi but **** myself at what to say. I'll be like 'you having a good night?' and then after the polite exchange I'll just freeze! Especially if it's someone I fancy I don't want to appear standoffish and uninterested. Likewise I freeze if I see them sober and don't know what to say to them other than how was your night? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Get some Cojones , Have a few things of Courvoisier but your still sober then ask you feel more confident.

ReputationRep:
    What's your name, can I get you a drink, lets take a seat, (if at uni) what course are you doing otherwise what do you do for a living........lets go back to mine :sexface: seriously just chat about anything, I start chatting about the weather and from there I find something more interesting to say.

ReputationRep:
    I've always prefered ' how are you?' rather than 'hows your night?' as an ice breaker... but that's just me

How do you know her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chronic_fatigue)
    What's your name, can I get you a drink, lets take a seat, (if at uni) what course are you doing otherwise what do you do for a living........lets go back to mine :sexface: seriously just chat about anything, I start chatting about the weather and from there I find something more interesting to say.
    lol That comment just say that alone , Drop her a few sweet lines then "Lets go back to mine (Pull a sex face)" and you'll be on a winner.

ReputationRep:
    through drunk nights out and going out with our mutual friends. We've never had a proper chat before. So I don't feel as if I truly know her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rorrry)
    through drunk nights out and going out with our mutual friends. We've never had a proper chat before. So I don't feel as if I truly know her.

So then get to know her! Start off with the basics, for example what is she studying...

I know it doesn't sound great in theory but it works! It's an easy way to start a conversation :yes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.