Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When I see a girl in a club I know (let's say I really fancy her) but I don't know her that well and don't really get much of a chance to get to know her, I want to say hi but **** myself at what to say. I'll be like 'you having a good night?' and then after the polite exchange I'll just freeze! Especially if it's someone I fancy I don't want to appear standoffish and uninterested. Likewise I freeze if I see them sober and don't know what to say to them other than how was your night? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Get some Cojones , Have a few things of Courvoisier but your still sober then ask you feel more confident.

ReputationRep:
    What's your name, can I get you a drink, lets take a seat, (if at uni) what course are you doing otherwise what do you do for a living........lets go back to mine :sexface: seriously just chat about anything, I start chatting about the weather and from there I find something more interesting to say.

ReputationRep:
    I've always prefered ' how are you?' rather than 'hows your night?' as an ice breaker... but that's just me

How do you know her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chronic_fatigue)
    What's your name, can I get you a drink, lets take a seat, (if at uni) what course are you doing otherwise what do you do for a living........lets go back to mine :sexface: seriously just chat about anything, I start chatting about the weather and from there I find something more interesting to say.
    lol That comment just say that alone , Drop her a few sweet lines then "Lets go back to mine (Pull a sex face)" and you'll be on a winner.

ReputationRep:
    through drunk nights out and going out with our mutual friends. We've never had a proper chat before. So I don't feel as if I truly know her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rorrry)
    through drunk nights out and going out with our mutual friends. We've never had a proper chat before. So I don't feel as if I truly know her.

So then get to know her! Start off with the basics, for example what is she studying...

I know it doesn't sound great in theory but it works! It's an easy way to start a conversation :yes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.