Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: What do you think of tattoos on guys? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Gorgeous, if a) they're done in moderation (Not covered head to toe in them!) and b) the designs are rather nice.

ReputationRep:
    Hot. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Black and grey angel sleeve with subtle colour, or full colour animal sleeve?

ReputationRep:
    I really don't like tattoos with colour in them and don't like it when they're too big so no, not really lol.
    I do like guys with tasteful, tribal tattoos though. It just makes them more manly! Yum Yum :P

ReputationRep:
    I generally dislike them - I've yet to see anyone upon whom a tattoo that size looks anything other than bad.

ReputationRep:
    Opinion seems pretty mixed.

Personally I think tattoos like this look awesome

http://www.nigelkurt.com/wp-content/...5095-copy2.jpg

http://www.nigelkurt.com/wp-content/...-copysmall.jpg

http://www.nigelkurt.com/wp-content/...229-copy-4.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...f9f5035ee3.jpg

For reference, the top 3 are from Nigel Kurt and the last one is from Silvia Z.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)
    Your sig freaks me out.

i only like Tribal tattoos e.g. http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...bal_tattoo.jpg

ok thats freaking awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good1m8)
    Opinion seems pretty mixed.

Personally I think tattoos like this look awesome

For reference, the top 3 are from Nigel Kurt and the last one is from Silvia Z.
    The artistry in the top 3 is excellent, on canvass and framed I'd put the images on display...but in sleeve format it just too much and none of the art is shown off as well as it could be (especially true for 1 & 3).

The last one is atrocious...no two ways about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    The artistry in the top 3 is excellent, on canvass and framed I'd put the images on display...but in sleeve format it just too much and none of the art is shown off as well as it could be (especially true for 1 & 3).

The last one is atrocious...no two ways about it.
    In what way is it atrocious? Do you mean the actual art? If so, then fair enough that's your opinion if you are talking about the tattooing then, I disagree, the artist is one of the best in the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    What pathetically skinny looking arms. Manorexics and tattoos don't go together at all.
    Although I'm not keen on the term manorexics I have to agree. You need an average to muscular arm to pull it off.

ReputationRep:
    In what way is it atrocious? Do you mean the actual art? If so, then fair enough that's your opinion if you are talking about the tattooing then, I disagree, the artist is one of the best in the country.
    The 'art' choices and the composition of the piece.

1. I don't like the images
    2. The colour of the face is hideous
    3. I have a general dislike of sleeve composition - it invariably looks too busy and cramped for my taste

However good the artist might be, that work does not do them any artistic credit at all in my opinion - these things are a matter of personal taste though.

ReputationRep:
    Depends ... Looks dirty and really 'chav' but if you have like a small one, it's not too bad

ReputationRep:

3. I have a general dislike of sleeve composition - it invariably looks too busy and cramped for my taste

However good the artist might be, that work does not do them any artistic credit at all in my opinion - these things are a matter of personal taste though.
    Fair enough, We will have to agree to disagree on this one. I think sleeve tattoos look the best. The first one and the third are my favourites of the ones I posted. Black and grey with some subtle colour like the third looks fantastic IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiwietnana)
    Depends ... Looks dirty and really 'chav' but if you have like a small one, it's not too bad
    I have never heard tattoos being called chav before, Football tattoos maybe.

I can't see any chavs having biblical or buddha tattoos.

ReputationRep:
    god i LOVE tattoos on lads mmmmmm

shame my bf isnt into them

this guy is hot as hell though

http://www.skullsunlimited.com/newsl...ndelton-lg.jpg

guy in the middle

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, We will have to agree to disagree on this one. I think sleeve tattoos look the best. The first one and the third are my favourites of the ones I posted. Black and grey with some subtle colour like the third looks fantastic IMO.
    1 & 3 are the best and the quality of the art is amazing (and I agree that the 3rd is the best...the flower looks real).

ReputationRep:

not only the colour but the face is somewhat disfigured.

ReputationRep:
    These days tattoos are the symbol of fashion statement, so all the modern teenager love to have tattoo on their body. Guys also look more attractive if they have tattoo on their body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittersweetxsymphony)
    I really don't like tattoos with colour in them and don't like it when they're too big so no, not really lol.
    I do like guys with tasteful, tribal tattoos though. It just makes them more manly! Yum Yum :P
    Tasteful
    Tribal

Choose one.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting a 3/4 sleeve done in December. My friend is going to design me something that's a mix between
    Attached Images

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.