The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Arturo Bandini
I don't know how I can do being explained and taught things I don't know by somebody who does from home.:confused:

:sigh: some lectures have lecturers that put all their notes up, and they don't do any extra explaining.

is there any benefit in going to such lectures when you can access the material from your room? :curious:
dichr0ic
:sigh: some lectures have lecturers that put all their notes up, and they don't do any extra explaining.

is there any benefit in going to such lectures when you can access the material from your room? :curious:

Probably not. They're either awful lecturers or really, really good notes/slides.
I attend as much as possible. Foolish not to. Not all the lectures are 100% useful - i.e. some of it I could easily learn at home - but generally they are very useful to attend. Attendance is taken at all lectures anyway, and there is a strong correlation between poor attendance and poor grades.
Reply 63
I only missed one or two last semester but that's probably more than I missed in the first year lol. I'm starting to relax a bit now but I could still never be one of those people that misses more than they go in for because I get distracted at home and I need the exposure to the languages from our native teachers to learn.
Reply 64
Arturo Bandini
Probably not. They're either awful lecturers or really, really good notes/slides.

bit of both :wink2:
Reply 65
I do engineering with 22+ hours of class time per week. It's virtually impossible to miss just 1 or 2 lectures a week. =/

EDIT: With sports, gym, (late nights) and all.
Reply 66
I don't go to any now. I only go in for Lab work or tutorials with my supervisor(s). I'm in my last year of a science degree and currently only attend maybe once a week for my dissertation. I think over the course of three years I have been to maybe 5 or so lectures.
Reply 67
maxfire
Skip going into Uni?
Every day...it's faster than walking. :ahee:

Spoiler

haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmwBw10RmLs :smile:
Reply 68

Ha. I was thinking about that as I wrote it :rofl:

"What are you doing?"
"I'm winning!"
Reply 69
maxfire