Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling down about sixth form watch

Announcements

I'm half way through my first year of sixth form. Planning to continue to the end of Year 13 but I feel like I'm going to struggle to manage that with the way people currently act around me.

Basically last few years it has seemed as though everyone just enjoys to watch me suffer! I know myself well enough to know that at times I can be a bit immature and annoying but I never deliberately set out to upset anyone! But nearly everyone in my year seems like they're out to get me. With most of the people I hang out with it's sort of mocking me in a friendly, jokey way. I know people like to take the piss out of each other but in my case it always gets beyond the point of being funny and especially when it's a big gang of people all joining in it's very hard to stand up for yourself! I don't want to seem miserable but this does get me down sometimes.

The other people (probably worse) are people who I rarely speak to anyway but are just plain rude to my face. Not even try and disguise it. Like I might be walking past and they go "your a t***." What I find most annoying is that they seem to turn other people against me as well, people I don't even know who then act rude to me when I meet them.

The reason why I think this problem might be something to do with my personality is that there are some people who initially I can get on with really well. Pretty soon they are acting just like the rest though.

I don't like to moan about these things because generally I like to be lighthearted about everything. My girlfriend split up with me last week because she thinks I'm a bit of a loser with the way everyone treats me. It's too late for me to move schools really but I want to enjoy the next few years not spending them wishing I was somewhere else! Thanks for reading. Any advice?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.