Turn on thread page Beta

Do you believe in the phrase 'It's all downhill from 30?' watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't really think it applies to men really. Moreso to women, you hear about it everyday, women complaining about ageing and becoming invisble. As, for a woman, her looks are currency, i do agree with the phrase. This, and if you're successful as a man your life only gets better as it goes on health permitting. As so many women base their lives around their looks, they have to adapt much more, which is why i think guys have it easy.

Whats your opinion on this?

ReputationRep:
    Depends how you look at it, when I'm old and wise i'll have a long wise beard to be reckoned with, be banging out Funky Dee - Are You Gonna Bang Doe to the younger generation telling them music was so much better when I was young.
    All about accepting change

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe it at all. I think life is what you make of it, and if anything I think I'll be more settled and self-assured when I'm 30+ than I am now. Not that this is a great frame of reference, but I saw an episode of Sex and the City once in which they were discussing how they'd hate to be back in their twenties again.

And I think it's harder for vain women to age than it is for men. I won't be jumping through hoops when I notice myself getting wrinkly and grey-haired, but my looks are definitely not my priority in life. Assuming any success I have by that age will be mainly based around skill/talent rather than looks, I would hope my age wouldn't affect my life too much (unless I'm single at that time, I suppose).

ReputationRep:
    men age like wine

women age like milk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john87)
    men age like wine

women age like milk
    Marlon Brando is proof that phrase is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    its all downhill from about 12

ReputationRep:
    I think it's because women actually show the physical signs of ageing more than men. Boobs start to become saggy, ass loses its shape, vagina starts to hang like a wizard's sleeve. Also, people often find grey hair on men as pretty fashionable where as grey on women is like :no:

But ofcourse this isn't at 30, more like after 40-45.

ReputationRep:
    men age like wine

women age like milk

Thats true. I don't mind ageing at all personally, only difference is that i'll have more money.

My mothers having a mid life crisis at the minute lol, not good but funny haha.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. Life is what you make it! I'll have more money when I'm 30+ and thus be able to achieve some of the things that are unattainable to me at the moment. Also, I know it sounds strange and you shouldn't wish your time away, but I'm actually really looking forward to retirement and grandchildren etc it looks like fun!! xx

ReputationRep:
    ****s are hot

ReputationRep:
    men age like wine

women age like milk

Hah. ;p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    I think it's because women actually show the physical signs of ageing more than men. Boobs start to become saggy, ass loses its shape, vagina starts to hang like a wizard's sleeve. Also, people often find grey hair on men as pretty fashionable where as grey on women is like :no:

LOL wizards sleeve i bet you know from experience or seen your family members

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunnoaboutme)
    LOL wizards sleeve i bet you know from experience or seen your family members
    I go hunting for ****s every fortnight :cool:

ReputationRep:

Thanks!

This is such a depressing thread.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'd agree with it. I mean you have to be going downhill if you are to stand a chance of going over 30 on a bicycle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shessolovely)
    Thanks!

This is such a depressing thread.
    Why else do you think women are in such a hurry to get married? They're aware their appearances have an earlier expiration date and need to trap a man as soon as they can whilst they've got the goods :p:

It's inevitable, so don't feel bad about it.

ReputationRep:
    Why else do you think women are in such a hurry to get married? They're aware their appearances have an earlier expiration date and need to trap a man as soon as they can whilst they've got the goods :p:

It's inevitable, so don't feel bad about it.

Ahh, the 25-35 year olds, its like hunting rabbits with a howitzer. :yes: (Assuming the said guy has a clue about women)

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.