Turn on thread page Beta

Heart Rate during exercise watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd descibe myself as slim and quite fit, but there's something odd going on when I exercise.
    I'm 132lbs and 5ft7.

I haven't gone to the doctor about it yet cos it isn't something I see as an immediate problem and I think they'll just tell me i'm unfit or whatever.
    Basically when I use the treadmill or crosstrainer I try to use the fat burn setting, but the machine soon beeps and tells me to slow my heart rate down to stay within the fat-burn zone.

My heart rate is sometimes at over 200 bpm!

I try to slow down but it's hard to do so since I wasn't going overly energetically in the first place.

Any ideas? Is this a health concern/medical issue or am I just really unfit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuperstar)
    I'd descibe myself as slim and quite fit, but there's something odd going on when I exercise.
    I'm 132lbs and 5ft7.

I haven't gone to the doctor about it yet cos it isn't something I see as an immediate problem and I think they'll just tell me i'm unfit or whatever.
    Basically when I use the treadmill or crosstrainer I try to use the fat burn setting, but the machine soon beeps and tells me to slow my heart rate down to stay within the fat-burn zone.

My heart rate is sometimes at over 200 bpm!

I try to slow down but it's hard to do so since I wasn't going overly energetically in the first place.

Any ideas? Is this a health concern/medical issue or am I just really unfit?
    How long does it take to reach that rate?i usually end up there right before i cant feel my legs ;p ...

ReputationRep:
    About 10-15mins usually. Then as you said I tend to get knackered and it's mind over matter from there on. But I feel bad though for carrying on when my heart is bouncing out of my chest like that, surely it's trying to tell me something?!? It's scary.

ReputationRep:
    Machine fault? When it says 200bpm, stop and take your pulse manually.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, when I hit 200bpm I know it, hit it a couple of times right at the end of my sprint intervals in HIIT.. At that point you feel faint, dizzy, will be gasping for breath etc..

It's probably a fault with the machine, in all likelyness.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.