Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    yeah might give it a go. Ps whats your training history SMed? U seem to do a lot of homework :P

on a side note 180 is gonna feel like such an anticlimax.... I kind of know its going to happen soon.... doesn't feel special. Also gonna be a pain to find 8 20's in ethos... gonna be a long hunt.

ReputationRep:
    When I'm actually training, I don't do much reading around. But I keep having to take breaks, usually for exams, and I do most of my training "research" when I'm supposed to be revising. I started training seriously about April last year, with a 70kg squat and <50kg bench. And numerous homo breaks between then.

Use 10 x 15kg plates and 2 x 5kgs.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried the idea of implementing rest pause or clusters for your bench? Or simply trying to add reps instead of moving up in 5s?

ReputationRep:
    nice...... I have a couple months on you... and I started with a 60kg squat and 50kg for 1 or 2 when I started. I don't think our gym has 10 plates of the same denomination...

last time I checked it was 8 x 25,20,15,10 max... I don't even know if there are 8 15's and 10's... assuming there are we only got 620kg over 3 bars.... soon to be 4 bars. if anyone does any serious lifting... we'll run out ~~

ReputationRep:
    isn't it a 3rm on fridays?

ReputationRep:
    It kind of is, but I doubt its a true max.... If i did 150 x 5 the week before then on friday its 152.5 x 3... its not exactly that hard... its more of a set up/hypertrophy day I thought.

ReputationRep:
    no time to work out today f-ml/imperial gonna go in just to do press later on

ReputationRep:
    session from earlier today:

Squat:
    worked up to 155kg x 3

Bench:
    70kg x 5
    80kg x 3
    92.5kg x 3 PB
    100kg x 1 PB

ReputationRep:
    Finally got the 2 plate bench XD

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on the PR! When are you going for a deadlift max?

ReputationRep:
    thanks, dunno rly.... probs soon after the 180 squat attempt. My bench sux though compared to everything else.... almost 2 plates behind my squat its a complete joke. Saw moiz too. ppl keep telling me to do tri assistance twice a week then bench once a week.

In other news I saw dave DL 270 for 2 today... kind of hammers home how much work I have to to do... he checked my depth on the last set of 8 and said some of them were high! - I reckon in contest you have to go slow or really deep ~~

ReputationRep:
    Decided I'm going to modify the madcows programme....

Going to do tricep assistance twice a week and Bench once a week. Thinking doing CGBP 5x5 on fridays instead of 3 reps on normal bench.

Also add weighted dips once or twice a week. Off to do back and bi's for 30 mins in a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably pop in for a quickie session this week. It'll be the last until May. But I want to go only if they have the new bar. If they don't get it by Friday, I'll just go on Friday anyway.

ReputationRep:
    k will keep you posted. I was always looking forward to new bar.. but come to think of it I don't even know how to O lift... ~~ guess I just wanted it for my squat max attempt so it would bend and look cool.

ReputationRep:
    lmao, i'm starting to get worried in case our bar snaps when I'm squatting, it get's abused way too much by the curlers.

ReputationRep:
    session from just now:

Low bar back squat:
    100kg x 5
    140kg x 2
    155kg x 5 PB - hard but easy at the same time...

Took 10 MINS psyching myself out before... I need to stop fearing failure and just f-ing do it.

seriously thinking of going for 4 plate attempt at the end of the week, say saturday or sunday.

Close Grip bench -

These were a joke.... didn't read about technique - where to grip, where the elbows should be ect.....

50kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    75kg x 3

All PB... but seriously low... I like CGBP though... gonna build some volume in every week.

Pendlay Rows:
    60kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    70kg x 5

My back and bi's are weak ass.

All in all... boring session only thing going good is squat!

ReputationRep:
    @ SMed - still no Eleiko bar.

ReputationRep:
    upper body doms everywhere.... CGBP destroy my front delt, tri and some chest.

ReputationRep:
    you stopped 5x5?

ReputationRep:
    modified it.... it wasn't truly 5x5 for me anyway.... only the top 2 sets did anything meaningful. Also stalled on bench so introducing tri assistance now.... I think I'm advanced enough now to stop following programmes to the letter and just try and see what works for me.... the way of no way

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.