Turn on thread page Beta

Chinese guys training blog (Bill Starrs 5x5) watch

ReputationRep:
    Smed The Mother-******* Eleiko Is In Ethos, Yer Yer Yer Yerrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    *bar*

ReputationRep:
    NICE! How was it?

ReputationRep:
    wouldnt know yet... sanjay messaged me at 4am in the library last night.

ReputationRep:
    probs going in to do DL 2moro... called of gym today... i need to study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    wouldnt know yet... sanjay messaged me at 4am in the library last night.
    What's the library like at 4am?

A friend of mine regretted living at home and not staying in halls. We joked he should just sleep every night at the library. lucking fol

I'm calling off going tomorrow and will be going Friday morning instead.

ReputationRep:
    lol suprisingly lively at 4am... you should check it some time...

Session from today:

Squats warm up... worked up to

Back squat 100kg x 5, Front squat 100kg x 2 (got ab cramp... havnt done these in too long)

Military press:

50kg x 5

Deadlift:

165kg x 5 PB

Eleiko bar is there - used them for DL and messed around with powercleans after... its niiiiiice completely smooth bearings... although The bar itself is quite abrasive - it cut me

ReputationRep:
    I wear neoprene knee sleeves, but when I do deads or WLing, I pull down to go over my shins. Should be better for grip. :yy:

Did the bar seem thinner to you? I'm pretty sure the bars there are like 29-30+mm. This one is 28mm. Even better for grip.

Any vids today?

ReputationRep:
    There's no way in hell I'll be there at 4am. lol

I'll be at Ethos tomorrow at about 10 though. I'm gonna be completely zombied out. fml

When are your exams? Is this your final year?

ReputationRep:
    I meant it cut me on my right hand... I hook gripped it and forgot to position my hand in the right place.... cos a nice lil tear... need to file it down later. Hmmm didn't notice the thickness... it seemed heavier, more solid and smoooooooth as lube. Polish guy tried snatching with it... I had no clue wt to do with it... tried some 60kg clean after my DL's... but then felt faint and left.

lol why not?? 4am is a good time to work... no distraction... there are people who bring sleeping bags and sleep under the tables... imperial ftw.

I got comprehensives on 27th april - penultimate year... but they're a ***** cos u need to learn yr 1 - 3...... problem is I don't even know half of the yr 2 stuff ¬¬ fml.

ReputationRep:
    Are staying on to do another year?

Lifters usually tape the hell out of their thumbs to hook grip. That must be the reason.

I work at 4am, just not at college. I do it at home.

ReputationRep:
    yap... Msci in physics, Yeah I'm bringing my straps next time...

what year are you SMed?? I wish there was weightlifting in varisity... that woulda been cool... you medics woulda got whipped :P

I can't concentrate at home... got sony bravia and xbox in my room among other things......

ReputationRep:
    And my MP supplements arrived today... I was gay and ordered the 6lbs max total gainer... its actually f-ing delicious!!!

Got some whey, maltodextrin, dextrose and glucosamine too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 2nd year.

I think I'm one of the strongest in my year; that's pretty sad. There is one rugby guy in my year; all he does is bench sets of 100kg. He's been doing the same weight since last year. And he benches with his as about 30cm off the bench the whole time.

I don't know if I'll be training at Ethos next year because I start my hospital rotations. St Mary's is the only hospital that has proper equipment. But they need to get a decent barbell.

Was the bar already out or did you have to walk an old one up to the front and swap? lol

ReputationRep:
    lol hahaha really? you look older than 2nd year... I'm 3rd.

I got the biggest Sq/DL in my year.... tho we have a BB or two who can outbench me ofc. Is 140kg clean Sam a medic?

Is St Marys in twickenham the place where there are 4 oly platforms and oly bars and bumpers??

I emailed the BWLA and they gave me some good info/phone numbers of people who coach in twickenham and in crystal palace... I intend to start Oly training soon... poss before exams, you should totally come.

Had to walk to the desk to swap it out... felt pretty badass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    lol hahaha really? you look older than 2nd year... I'm 3rd.

I got the biggest Sq/DL in my year.... tho we have a BB or two who can outbench me ofc. Is 140kg clean Sam a medic?

Is St Marys in twickenham the place where there are 4 oly platforms and oly bars and bumpers??

I emailed the BWLA and they gave me some good info/phone numbers of people who coach in twickenham and in crystal palace... I intend to start Oly training soon... poss before exams, you should totally come.

Had to walk to the desk to swap it out... felt pretty badass.
    No, Sam isn't a medic I don't think.

St Mary's gym is in St Mary's hospital which is in Paddington.

What Twickenham place is that? Are you talking about the boat house gym, I thought that was in Putney?

ReputationRep:
    nah.... st marys uni I think

"your choice is Crystal palace, Woking, St mary's Uni at Twickenham or Sutton. One of our good lifters lives in Chelsea and trains at Crystal palace"

I can forward you the contact details of the coaches there if you want... I intend to call them soon.

There are good gyms in woking (surrey), twickenham and Crystal palace... all non imperial gyms.

Apprently if you find and talk to coaches... the coaching is free as is use of some of the facilities.

ReputationRep:
    lol, everyone thinks your name is Red Hot Butter. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    lol, everyone thinks your name is Red Hot Butter. :rofl:

Is it not:confused:

Oh snap :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    lol cummon... I didn't put much thought into it when I registered.... it was purely to check AS level Maths exam questions after the exam... sad I know

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.