Turn on thread page Beta

Chinese guys training blog (Bill Starrs 5x5) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    lol cummon... I didn't put much thought into it when I registered.... it was purely to check AS level Maths exam questions after the exam... sad I know

I joined to get help on my computing coursework...

ReputationRep:
    Do you sneak coffee into central library? Is it even guarded at this time?

ReputationRep:
    I loved the new bar! 70kg C&J was ridiculously easy, and I'm a LOT weaker than I was 3-4 weeks ago when I did 80kg. The bar is thinner than the others. I wouldn't squat with it though. It's too whippy. It'd look cool with the 180kg bending on your back, but squatting with it is another matter. You want stability. Plus, since it's thinner it digs in your back more.

But my hands are on fire. I can't wait to deadlift with it. If I'd had it when I did the 170kg deadlift, I think I could've gotten 180kg easy.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and Dave is going for 300kg on Monday, so I'd try to make it in if I were you. He said he wanted witnesses or something. lol

Video it for him/me, I won't be in anymore until after April.

ReputationRep:
    You can sneak coffee in easy.. (to lib)

And yeah for O lifts its beautiful... I have this massive urge to start O lifting properly... like this hunger, I'll somehow keep it supressed untill I get 4 plate squat, but after that I'll probs say good bye to PL Squats and DL, will possibly still bench a lil after. FML y didnt I find these London based oly facilities earlier ¬¬.

Also I couldn't see how whippy it was... but do you reckon it would help at all on DL... If so why? And why not on squat? Surely the bounce at the bottom would only be good? - Pure bro science

(Original post by SMed)
    I loved the new bar! 70kg C&J was ridiculously easy, and I'm a LOT weaker than I was 3-4 weeks ago when I did 80kg. The bar is thinner than the others. I wouldn't squat with it though. It's too whippy. It'd look cool with the 180kg bending on your back, but squatting with it is another matter. You want stability. Plus, since it's thinner it digs in your back more.

But my hands are on fire. I can't wait to deadlift with it. If I'd had it when I did the 170kg deadlift, I think I could've gotten 180kg easy.

ReputationRep:
    lol he has an iphone.... he's a big boy - I'm sure he could ask one of the machine *****es to take it for him, I would love to see it but I'm cutting my sessions to once every 3 days.... so sunday nx for me (I think I'm getting doms cos my body is deconditoning from training )

Also I reckon he'll get 300kg easy.... his 270 double looked incredibly comfortable... no sign of anything breaking.

(Original post by SMed)
    Oh, and Dave is going for 300kg on Monday, so I'd try to make it in if I were you. He said he wanted witnesses or something. lol

Video it for him/me, I won't be in anymore until after April.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    You can sneak coffee in easy.. (to lib)

And yeah for O lifts its beautiful... I have this massive urge to start O lifting properly... like this hunger, I'll somehow keep it supressed untill I get 4 plate squat, but after that I'll probs say good bye to PL Squats and DL, will possibly still bench a lil after. FML y didnt I find these London based oly facilities earlier ¬¬.

Also I couldn't see how whippy it was... but do you reckon it would help at all on DL... If so why? And why not on squat? Surely the bounce at the bottom would only be good? - Pure bro science
    It is very bendy. I had it in the rack by the treadmills, and you can simply pull down at the middle and it will bend a little. If there's over 110kg, it whips around a little. With 120kg, I pulled on one end and you can see it bend. I tried it on the the old bars, nothing.

It will help on deadlift because:

*thinner so your hands wrap around more, so better grip.
    *killer knurling, so better grip
    *if it bends, you'll be able to get the bar higher off of the ground before you've lifted all the weight, since some of it will still be touching the ground. It'd probably be like getting the bar an extra inch higher.

With squat, since you're under the weight, you don't want it wobbling around. Especially since you have to walk it out. If you hit the bottom of the squat, and then get slow down on the way up, the bar will be oscillating and could mess you up. And since it's thinner, it digs into your back more. Also, the centre knurling is very weak (smooth) on the Eleiko. The older bars have better centre knurling.

This Eleiko is literally only really good for stuff from the floor.

ReputationRep:
    thats pretty cool.... I think I will try squatting and see what happens... I'll film it

ReputationRep:
    Ps did you get doms after your recent gym sesh. I've cut down to once every 3 days.... and got some average doms in my traps/shoulders..... couldn't have been from 60kg PC surely ~~

(Original post by SMed)

ReputationRep:
    I'm loaded up on diclofenac for my back, so I don't feel ****! haha

Last time when I was doing loads of Oly lifts, I got a bit of DOMS in my traps, and a general feeling of ow all over.

ReputationRep:
    Attempting squat and bench 1rm later today, watch this space. Ps how do you film bench with 1 spotter?

ReputationRep:
    Check my youtube account. There are two bench angles I've used.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be watching

I never bother with filming bench, not really exciting lol

ReputationRep:
    Oh and I always think of you as Red Hot Butter too, until I reread it a few times

ReputationRep:
    It IS, Hot Butter.

ReputationRep:
    It's early and i'm confused, explain

ReputationRep:
    It just is. Only a very few have even noticed, and the ones that have noticed, only did because I brought it up.

It doesn't matter how it's written, it's now Butter.

ReputationRep:
    He's red hot butter to me whether he likes it or not.

ReputationRep:
    ****, just woke up - need to get to gym before it closes at 8.

Ha you guys can call me wteverr.... I'm starting to think its red hot butter now ~~

ReputationRep:
    where's the 180 then?!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.